WIRING PROBLEM<HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIRING PROBLEM<HELP

So i did a 96 KA swap into my 89 240sx.And i didnt do my wiring,cuz i dont know that much about it,so i had this one guy do it that i use to know.Well he did a shitty job, and wired the o2 sensor completely wrong.The KA24DE motor is OBD2 and my old 1 is OBD1.So the o2 sensors are completely different.The 96 is a 3 wire,the 89 is a 1 or 2 wire.The problem is that whenever my car is warmed up my car runs like crap,it bogs a lot,so i think that since the o2 sensor is hooked up wrong,its sending a bad signal to the ECU (if its even sending 1) and causing my car to run either way rich or way lean.I think way rich.I do not know what to do, if anything.PLEASE HELP.I am not that good at wiring, if anyone lives in the Michigan area that thinks they could check my wiring and fix this.Let me know asap,and we could work something out.Give suggestions please.thanks

240 site
    check that site if you dont already they may be able to help.

I would have to say to slap a new o2 sensor in and wire it up your self..or use an EM system and do it urself with a tune..either way good luck

Comment

i want to slap a new o2 sensor on there but i dont knwo how to wire it.I do have the FSM for the 96 motor,so i guess i will look into which wires do what.How would i turn the 2 wire o2 sensor,into a 3 wire?thanks

Comment

post a pic with what ur working with then maby I can help you..or you can try ot find a wiring diagram online for the year you need.

Comment

I was just thinking and havnt thought this through, Ill leave that for you, but maby just buy a plug and plug the o2 hole (I would weld it cuz I know they can pop out)?

Comment

I know this is alot of posts but I have been working on your problem...Do you have an OBD2 engine running on an OBD1 computer? If you do I think I have the solution, if you dont I may have the solution too.. lemme know asap. also is this the sensor behind the cat or the one by/on the manifold??

Comment

i am running a OBD 2 engine on a OBD 2 ecu.He just wired the o2 sensor as if it was OBD 1 (if that makes any sense).It is the o2 sensor on the manifold, i dont think he even wired the one for near the cat.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by new_to_drift
                i am running a OBD 2 engine on a OBD 2 ecu.He just wired the o2 sensor as if it was OBD 1 (if that makes any sense).It is the o2 sensor on the manifold, i dont think he even wired the one for near the cat.thanks
                so u should have a 2 wire sensor..if it only has a green wire get a new one a just hook up the 2 wires should only take u a second to do it(im pretty sure the obd1 is just one green wire and the obd2 is 2 wire..so that should be easy to wire up if you connect it right, post a pic if you can of where its hookedup). BUT if you are running an OBD2 motor and can run the obd1 computer that would make your life easier believe it or not. I would say make sure you have the right sensor and just wire it up, should only be 2 wires, if this problem consist then it is probably your MAF or TPS..you need to look into conzult for helping read stuff and some EMS system to lean or rich your motor.
                Last edited by s13/350z; 07-06-2006, 06:41 AM.

Comment

so your saying that if my o2 sensor is just a green wire (which it is) just buy a new one, and see if the o2 sensor was just bad?

Comment

NO. Im saying if the sensor is only a green wire then that is an OBD1 sensor but you have OBD2 stuff so you need an OBD2 sensor, and you need to make sure its connected right..then if that doesnt work then you need to look elsewhere like the MAF etc..

Comment

how should i wire the OBD2 into the OBD1?Since it is a OBD1 female connector, how should i do that?thanks for all the help your giving.keep it up

Comment

I would keep helping but now you have me confused..you say your running an OBD2 engine and Harness so that would lead me to believe that you have the wrong sensor..which would be the one green wire sensor....so guy buy an OBD2 sensor put it in and plug it in with the only wires it can be hooked up to...unless Im missing something here. let me know whats up..

Comment

ok i think were actually on the same page now.I just ordered a OBD2 sensor.So i guess i will have 2 stray wires just not plugged in to anything.Ill try this and post the results.If it is infact not the problem, how could i test the MAF?The check engine light isnt on so i cant check for codes.Is there any other way to check that? thanks

Comment

to check that u would need some type of electroci controller for A/F ratio. which really wouldnt be checking the maf more like telling it what to do. I wouldnt worry about that though. If the car will drive then your maf is probably fine cuzz the maf causes alot of cars to totally F up and not even go over 20 mph..

Comment

Working...
                            X