Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb25det swap

RB25DET S13 SWAP (DVD) Scheduled to Film

We plan to document a RB25DET S13 SWAP this July.

Please post your suggestions on this thread

<FORM ACTION="http://lb.bcentral.com/ex/manage/subscriberprefs.aspx" METHOD="POST">
    <FONT SIZE="4" FACE="arial, helvetica" color="#FF0000">
    <STRONG>RB25DET DVD (EMAIL LIST)</STRONG></FONT><FONT SIZE="-1" FACE="arial, helvetica"></FONT>
    <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="email" />
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="customerid" value="51343" />
    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" value="Sign up" style="background-color:red;color:white;font-weight:bold" />
    </FORM>

stop stealing my ideas...hah JK ..I would say make sure it has good camera work and is explained for retards to make it a flawless install. and have sections like today were doing the wiring and the exhaust install then list all the tools needed an estimated time, I had something else but i forgot, if I remember ill post it later.

Comment

Originally posted by s13/350z
      stop stealing my ideas...hah JK ..I would say make sure it has good camera work and is explained for retards to make it a flawless install. and have sections like today were doing the wiring and the exhaust install then list all the tools needed an estimated time, I had something else but i forgot, if I remember ill post it later.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Discuss the merits of different mount kits (McKinney, Top Hat, RB20/25 parts, etc), finally give a definite answer to how much the RB25 weighs as compared to the SR20 or the KA24 and how the weight will be distributed, discuss how the suspension should be adjusted to account the the different weight distribution, discuss engine management (i.e. what works better, a Power FC, the stock ECU, a different stand alone and why), and finally talk about top/bottom mount turbo kits and if there are any fitment issues that might be experienced.

I'm sure I'll think of more thing to add to this, but these are just a few of the questions that I had when i was thinking about doing this swap.

Comment

I can't believe I forgot:

WIRING

That was the single biggest question I had and no one could give me a straight answer.

Comment

Wiring section will also be added.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggorri
              Discuss the merits of different mount kits (McKinney, Top Hat, RB20/25 parts, etc), finally give a definite answer to how much the RB25 weighs as compared to the SR20 or the KA24 and how the weight will be distributed, discuss how the suspension should be adjusted to account the the different weight distribution, discuss engine management (i.e. what works better, a Power FC, the stock ECU, a different stand alone and why), and finally talk about top/bottom mount turbo kits and if there are any fitment issues that might be experienced.

I'm sure I'll think of more thing to add to this, but these are just a few of the questions that I had when i was thinking about doing this swap.
              I only see a few problems with telling people what set-up to run is that its totally objective. I get your point but it seems that it will be very vauge to each individual person. Engine managment tips will probably help alot for when the install is done though.

Comment

Show every single screw that comes out and goes in, every wire soldered, spliced, and etc. Make it idiot-proof so even the biggest dumby could figure out how to mimic what is done. That's my only suggestion really. I know people who buy s13s as project cars when they have no prior experience under the hood of the car. Needless to say they need some major guidance on every nook and cranny.

Comment

Retarded idea, but thats just my opinion. Watching people do this stuff and being told how to is a totally different thing than actually doing it. I've done a ton of RB25 swaps and I know that what I was told a few years ago during my first one by a 'professional' was totally different than how I do it now. These videos for the SR's have brought us a good amount of business because even though the swap was done almost correctly they didn't know how to trouble shoot the car when it doesn't start. Getting the motor in and running is often times just a portion of completing a swap. These swaps aren't for everyone to do.

Comment

Be sure to mention what type of crossmember is used and how the motor can be moved as close as possible to the firewall for better weight distribution (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by RB240drifter View Post
                      Be sure to mention what type of crossmember is used and how the motor can be moved as close as possible to the firewall for better weight distribution (if possible)
                      Do yourself a favor and don't use a crossmember, buy mounts...Mckinney mounts are the way to go with RB swaps.

Comment

Working...
                      X