My 86' MR2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 86' MR2!

Hey It's been awhile(sp). I might buy a 1986 Toyota mr2 at the end of summer I plan to learn how to handle it sideways and wanted to get some opions on my plan. First after I get the hang of the car I'll put a trd 1.5 lsd, swaybar, tein shocks & springs, and when I can find one a 20v 4agze. Just about anything is welcome and yes I've had a little slide time with a 240(friends car) and mrs(other Friends car) so I've got a feeling for mr's and how they handle.
    As I said almost any comment(sp) is welcome plz and thank you.

GL is all I can say.. Short wheel base, rear engine and drifting it with little experience ..Not hating or saying it wont be pretty cool to see but its still going to take some practice, so get to it..Supercharged one would be really good to help power that car and drift easier.

Comment

Oh yeah I almost for got it will be in auto cross & on the touge too!
      So that's not the only thing it will be used for
      P.S. Does anyone have or know someone who has 86 MR2 in the area of Washington,D.C. I don't have the cash now but I will at the end of the summer.
      I don't mind if it's a little beat up. My offer is 700 at the most for a 20 year old car.

Comment

bump

I need more input on this plz

Comment

well s13/350z is right about the mr setup, i have seen even Keichi Tsuchiya spin out drifting an MR2, so yeah, should be a good challenge and a half. also my understanding is that 2 way l.s.d.'s are the way to go for drifting since there active all the time(think of the people who weld their stock l.s.d.'s for drifting, and that make so it CAN'T slip)

Comment

also, not to be rude; just wanna make sure that your avatar is not an r34(just saying some people only know of the r34 and others even think honda or suzuki makes them; just tired of all the disgracement). well i'm done with that now :P

Comment

Originally posted by masterdoleee
              also, not to be rude; just wanna make sure that your avatar is not an r34(just saying some people only know of the r34 and others even think honda or suzuki makes them; just tired of all the disgracement). well i'm done with that now :P
              uhhhh what? ..I dont know who the hell u hang around that think SUZUKI and HONDA make the r34, but please tell them to step away from any vehicle and walk for the rest of their lives, I doubt anyone on this board is that retarded.

Comment

lol you never know man. yeah google image search "suzuki skyline", first one is the one i saw(the r33 from russia), deffinately was not too happy when i saw that.

Comment

Oh, ive seen some real retards on here before... To the original poster:

The new MR-S is a much more stable, progressive car than the 1st gen MR2 ever was. Just cause you think you can get the tail on an MR-S to step out doesnt mean you can control the 1st gen... very light, very low polar moment of inertia, short, short wheelbase and rather skinny tires make for a car that will spin if chucked around carelessly. Be careful!

That being said, Id budget a little bit more than $700 for it, especially if you want something that will take a little abuse. You get what you pay for, and even tho its 20 yrs old, there is still a huge difference between the ones that have been taken care of and the ones that have been beaten on their whole lives. When drifting, or doing any of those motorsports activities, you want a vehicle you can trust isnt going to break on you.

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessFC3Sman
                    Oh, ive seen some real retards on here before... To the original poster:

The new MR-S is a much more stable, progressive car than the 1st gen MR2 ever was. Just cause you think you can get the tail on an MR-S to step out doesnt mean you can control the 1st gen... very light, very low polar moment of inertia, short, short wheelbase and rather skinny tires make for a car that will spin if chucked around carelessly. Be careful!

That being said, Id budget a little bit more than $700 for it, especially if you want something that will take a little abuse. You get what you pay for, and even tho its 20 yrs old, there is still a huge difference between the ones that have been taken care of and the ones that have been beaten on their whole lives. When drifting, or doing any of those motorsports activities, you want a vehicle you can trust isnt going to break on you.
                    I agree with you 100% and I also know the diffrence. 1st gen mr2's have less power and some didn't come with lsd and be sides i've seen great looking and running mr2's for less than 700. Also who just (idoit's are not included ) buy's a car and drives the heII out of it with out having it looked at I know I wouldn't. Be sides it won't be stock for long .

Comment

Working...
                    X