Power Steering HELP PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering HELP PLEASE!!!

so i am wondering what power steering line can i use, and im talking about which pressure hose.Im just sick of not having power steering.I have a 89 240sx w/ 96 KA24DE.I cant figure it out,ive tried a 94 but that wasnt it.And my old line obviously doesnt fit because on the SOHC motor the pump was on the passenger side,and now with the DOHC motor its on the drivers.Please help, thanks.

u talking about the high pressure line just get a 91 and up.. should work.. i duno what your doing wrong post pics..

Comment

i ordered a 94 pressure hose about a month ago,and tried to put it on, the fitting is wrong.Ill take pics tomorrow, i jsut blew my lower radiator hose while drifting so i gotta fix that also.But the fitting that connects to the pump was wrong and also it was way too long.

Comment

bump please help

Comment

Just buy a 97 hose...unless im missing something here, I think all the fitments are the same size just movefrom one side to the other. If not find one that fits from another car and custom make one..it may bea little long but if it works it works..BTW i never unserstood people who took off PS for "power" or weight saving. It save like what 5 lbs? *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* one day in the gym would take car of that, and power..psshhhh like what 2 hp maby? I love my PS and it will stay untill I die haha.

Comment

i love power steering, the main reason i want it so bad suddenly is because i just put my tein tie rods on, and whenever i drift the wheel slams back and if for some reason i dont catch it, it slams my tire into the tension arm.how can i custom make a line? its a pressure hose, they have to be pressed onto the fitting a certain way.

Comment

by custom i mean jank one off another car that will fit lol. or find the same for the year motor you have.

Comment

that sounds like a good idea.its odd, almost every thread i start, u s13/350z always end up giving me ideas.im going to the junkyard tues.so ill check

Comment

Ive done ALOT of work on 240's and other fuggin cars so Ihave some knowledge, plus my best friend is a mechanic so he can chime in too.
                  on 240sxforums.com my name is nissan180sx if your on there.

Comment

you need to run the 1991 to 1993 high pressuse line for power steering, frm nissan it will run you like $400 or so.
                    thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X