s13 wheel size/bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s13 wheel size/bolts

so i have been looking for wheels for a 1989 240sx coupe(4-lug) and when checking that they would fit i am finding conflicting info. are the bolts 100, 114, or 114.3? also i saw some wheels for sale that were "100/114.3" o.0? also if anyone knwos off hand how much offset/how wide before they stick out too much or rub?

Thanks

you officially suck

4x114.3, aka 4x4.5

offset for fender/suspesion clearance depends on your suspesion, alignment settings, and how 'agressive' you want to get with your wheel fitment, or lack there of.

Comment

well cusco negative upper arms so negative camber, tein super drift coilovers, so dropped a cpl inches with spring rates of....front:10 rear:8? probabaly mild toe-in.

Comment

k so i looked around and found exactly what that number means, it's the pcd(pitch center diameter). so since i'm seeing wheels that are 100/114.5 does that mean that i could use ones that are a pcd of 100 when the s13 takes 114.3(which you said aka 114.5)? also on www.takakaira.com there wheel guide in the rim and tire section lists the s13 as offset of 32 on 16x7 wheels, would +36 work? the closer to the negatives you get/into the negatives is more deep dish right?

Comment

16x7 +36 is weak. i'd stick with 15's, 17's, or 18's. i personally use rt-615's, and they dont have very many sizes for 15's or 16's, 16's specifically. lower offset.

100/114.3 x 4 means that there are two different bolt patterns on each wheel, so that it can fit cars with either 4x100 or 4x114.3 patterns.

either that, OR they sell wheels in both variations: 4x100 or 4x114.3. i dont think this is the case, though.

edit: he didnt say 114.5...114.3 doesnt equal 114.5.

4x4.5 = 4x114.5

and if they rub, bang inside the fender well and roll your fenders.
          Last edited by markeese180sx; 07-24-2006, 05:53 PM.

Comment

so that size is weak because there aren't many tires for it or what? wlel yeah i would get 17's except the wedsport sa-90 doesn't come in 17x anything with a 4 bolt pattern, at least not that i've found. what size would you recommend of those wheels?(not considering the bolt pattern)

Comment

do a 5 lug conversion.. then buy wheels.. so many more options with 5 lug.

Comment

exactly what i'm trying to avoid :P, $700-800 just to make finding wheels easier, i don't think so. just found these anyway http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/Call...filterSpecial=

not quite what i was looking for but good enough

Comment

no, i said 16x7 +36 is weak in general. the size and offset are lame.

i'd go with stannyboy and do a 5 lug conversion. better sizes + better offset = better than 4 lug unless you can find a 15x8 -15 or something.

Comment

well for one thing i don't want to spend the $800 or so on the 5-lug conversion and also i don't want widebody which i do believe i would need for that much deep dish. maybe once everything else is done i'll get the 5-lug

EDIT: Performance first
                    Last edited by masterdoleee; 07-26-2006, 09:09 PM.

Comment

eh............

Comment

4 lug is fine, only reason i went 5 lug (on a s14) was becuase i got a new job with access to a discount through my work on some cheap *Censored**Censored**Censored* decent wheels.

Comment

sdtouge: my sentiments exactly, if i find a good deal some day on an amazing set of wheels or if i just have the cash to throw around THEN i'll get 5-lug

Comment

Originally posted by masterdoleee
                            well for one thing i don't want to spend the $800 or so on the 5-lug conversion and also i don't want widebody which i do believe i would need for that much deep dish. maybe once everything else is done i'll get the 5-lug

EDIT: Performance first
                            wrong you cvan run a -15 with out a wide body, it is called fender flares, also dude those are some week *Censored**Censored**Censored* rims, you need to do research on 7 in wide tires, and maybe before you buy new wheels by some performance like fabutiso exhause(or how wever yo speel it). 10 buck said he has never hear of the company, but yea you need to buy some wheels with better offset. not because it loks better but it also has better performance resons(wider wheel base).

Comment

Working...
                            X