help on 86 rx7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on 86 rx7

im kinda knew to this whole thing but i have bought an 86 rx7 with a 93 rx7 motor i have searched many different iteams to set the car up for drifting but dont know what would be good not only for me but for my car as well would like some help on this one

0.0......intense, that's pretty broad :P. well how much are you looking to spend? how much power do you want(13b-rew has 280hp-232lb/ft stock if it's twin turbo; more than adequate depending). i myself will be using that engine soon enough so i might be of some assistance

Comment

Did you do the swap yourself? if so, you should know enough already about how to get the car to slide. First thing i would do if i were you (if it hasnt been done already), is get wider wheels/tires in the back. FC's came with a max width of 205 stock, and with 255 or so hp, id say go with a 225 or 235 min. Sure, this may not be of a whole lot of help for drifting, but if you're driving this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on the street, it will help you stay there, as opposed to someones yard, wrapped around a tree etc. FC's can be snappy if you arent looking out, this will help to calm those tendancies.

Id also suggest to replace your bushings and replace your DTSS bushing, either with a stock replacement or with the rear-steer eliminator (mazdatrix sells one). The car is 20 yrs old, and the rubber there wears out. Besides this, get in some practice. There isnt too much to set it up til you know what you're doing more

Comment

Working...
      X