Bee R rev limiter with the Power FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee R rev limiter with the Power FC

so on www.takakaira.com they sell the Bee R rev limiter and i want to use it in conjunction with the Apex'i Power FC. they say there is a grounding issue though, which can be resolved:

"A earth grounding issue has to be resolved if a vehicle is fitted with an aftermarket APEXi Power FC unit. This grounding issue is due to a lack of a ground terminal in the APEXi unit. The REV LIMITER uses the ground signal to cut off the ignition signal from the ECU. Since APEXi Power FC is a piggy back computer, and manipulates the original engine parameters' signals from the ECU before re-routing these modified signals to the vehicle individual engine components, a separate grounding signal is required from the APEXi Power FC. Once this grounding issue has been resolved, the REV LIMITER will be able to function as it is intended to be."

anywho know of a solution? also, i thought the Power FC was a standalone(total ECU replacement) not a piggy back?

yeah, im pretty sure the power fc isnt a piggyback like the SAFC-II.

what motor are you running?

Comment

will be running the 13b-rew(fd3s twin turbo) fairly soon

Comment

why do you want to run a seprate rev limiter? the power fc has one built in, thats adj. or do you just want this rev limiter so your car will shoot flames? If your running a rotary with no cats, your car will shoot flames. no need for the rev limiter.

Comment

I agree, except you may have more adjustablility with the Bee R.

Comment

i wasn't sure what the PFC had for a rev limiter so for functionalities sake and also i did want the extra flames :P, yeah i will be running catless though since i'm in new mexico

Comment

i dont think FDs need help making flames

Comment

well i guess then my question would be; what method does the pfc use to lmit the revs? does it just cut off ignition or what? cause if i remember correctly there was somthing about another method which rev limiters use which is hard on the engine.

Comment

Cutting ignition power, retarding timing, and electronic throttle controllers are all means of limiting revs...

Comment

dont even bother running that Bee Racing Rev Limiter,
                    we ran it on one of our cars, and nothing but problems in the long run..
                    not worth the bang!! bang!! and pop!! pop!! noises
                    thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X