Differentials and LSDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differentials and LSDs?

Are all aftermarket differentials LSDs? Do you need to change the differential on a '95-'96 240sx to get good slides? Does any body have any recomendations?

You got get a lcoking diff, but what would be the point? I suggest checking these links out.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential1.htm

http://www.autoshop-online.com/auto101/drive1.html

http://www.innerauto.com/innerauto/anim/diff.html
    Last edited by Chas; 02-05-2004, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Cusco, KAAZ or Nismo make good lsds for your car. THe factory unit isnt the best thing for drifting. You will need something more aggressive

Comment

chas.. the nismo sss lsd is good for drifting, right?

where can i buy that diff?

Comment

iv driven a car with and with out lsd and didnt notic that big of a difference. so why is every one on this forum so absesed with getting an lsd as one of the first mods. sure it was better but for the money id get somthing else.
          Last edited by quickstyleRPS13; 02-08-2004, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zer013
            chas.. the nismo sss lsd is good for drifting, right?

where can i buy that diff?
            I have not used the lsd, i dont know how it is. I can order one for you, but it is special order.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstyleRPS13
              iv driven a car with and with out lsd and didnt notic that big of a difference. so why is every one on this forum so absesed with getting an lsd as one of the first mods. sure it was better but for the money id get somthing else.
              YOu didn't notice a big difference because you weren't driving hard enough.

If you're trying to drift and want to get into advanced stuff, I can't see it happening without an LSD.

without an LSD, one tire will spin and one tire will drag across the road. This set-up will yeild very short drifts especially at low speeds.

VLSDs aren't aggresive enough to hold drifts. There's a Video in the Pics and clips forum that shows what happens when you try to drift with ans VLSD.

Comment

i was wondering. and since this thread is about lsd's. from personal experience, how long b4 you had to overhaul ur lsd? if the car doubles as your daily driver and drift car?

Comment

well i noticed a difference and it was alot better then not having an lsd.and i do know what an lsd does but thanks any ways for the info. i had no problems at all with drifting with no lsd (but yes i do agree it is better to have lsd) but for a begginer i dont think it is really neccisary to go out and buy one right away like every one suggests. from my persanal experianc witch is about 2 years in japan drifting i think starting with out lsd is better because it will teach you to enter the turn faster so the back tire that is dragging wont slow you down. but yes on a track i would perfer having an LSD. so dont think im some random kid trying to diss lsd to start some sh!t.

Comment

2way is better for drift correct?
                    1.5=grip
                    2=drift
                    is what i was told

Comment

correct, that is the norm.... If you want to get hardcore into drifting, I recomend a hardcore LSD like the ATS Deftforce. It is made just fro drift. I have it and I love it

here is info
                      Deftforce

Comment

Kazz, is a good diff but there are many manufactures of good diffs. A 1.5 will work just fine and wont make you look like your cars a peice of crap when you turn cornners during normal driving. I run a two way and people think my sh't is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                          I run a two way and people think my sh't is broken.
                          LOL, had the same problem when i locked my truck. Shudders like hell.

Comment

is true that the QX45 differential is a 2 way lsd...and does anyone know if it will bolt on to a the 1996 240sx...

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                              Kazz, is a good diff but there are many manufactures of good diffs. A 1.5 will work just fine and wont make you look like your cars a peice of crap when you turn cornners during normal driving. I run a two way and people think my sh't is broken.
                              HAHAHA!! Same here, I make turns and people give me this disgusted look, like "Just junk that thing already!"

Its funny to see my passengers shaking when I turn

Comment

Working...
                              X