Cam angle sensor for SR20Det

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam angle sensor for SR20Det

My question is one time the cam angle sensor fell off and i tried to start the car, then i realized that the cam angle sensor was off and i put it back on. Does this screw up the car? If this is an issue, can some describe in detail how i can realign the cams or what not. The car does start and everything, but would it cause it to back fire? i put in a Walbro fuel pump but it shouldn't make my engine run rich, would it? this is for a redtop PLEASE HELP THANKS

The cam angle sensor is exactly what its name says, a sensor. It just tells the ecu where the cams are. Not having it on just causes the ecu not to know what's going on and therefore the car doesn't start. The actual timing is set by the timing chain so no, you didn't screw anything up. Now if you were to start the car with no timing chain on or the timing chain misaligned, that's a whole other story
    Boost Up

Comment

are you talking about the Crank angle sensor, if that popped out, just take the valve cover off, put the motor top dead center and algin the dots on the crank angle senor and pop it back in,
      just check the teeth on the cam gear and Crank angle sensor, to make sure it dident chew it up from popping out.

if your talking about the Cam Gear on the cam falling off, then thats another story..
      thanks

Comment

Working...
      X