Overheating Problem-PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating Problem-PLEASE HELP

ok so i have had an overheting problem off and on for a while now.And now it is a major problem becuase i cant drive becausa eim scared of blowing my headgasket, or causing damage to my head.In the last 6 months i have replaced everything thermostat, radiator,radiator hoses, 2 12" electric fans instread of stock, and waterpump.I am thinking that it could be that the coolant passages are clogged.So i was going o take out my thermostat today and run the car and if it still overheats then thats the problem.Its weird though because if i fill my radiator and such with and new coolant, it works fine for like 3-4 days of daily driving then it will randomly start steaming out of the overflow tank.After it steams my car starts overheating again.
    Any help you can provide would be extremely helpful.Im going to try the thermostat idea today and ill post results.Thanks.

I drive a S13 with a 96 KA24DE motor if that helps.

someone on this forum has to have had this problem accounting on at least 50% drive a 240sx.

Comment

A couple of Ideas:

First, get a radiator system pressure tester from Sears, autozone, use to pressurize a filled coolant system and find leaks. This could drastically find your problem.

When bleeding the system, get car hot and open valve (bleeder screw) where it exits to the top off the radiator ( slowly) after pressure is bleed out and car is warm, open radiator cap and fill till it flows water out the Bleeder screw. close screw, run car and fill if neceessary.

Take out your thermostat, leave rad cap off and see if the flow bubbles at idle! = If it does than that is commonly a head gasket, make sure system is bleed well.

If you have a chance to get on a dyno and run the car. We found that our head was lifting under boost and pressurizing the coolant sytem and steaming it all out. Got pretty wet watching this one on the dyno, as it was an unexpected outcome. We replaced gasket and head studs put in.

Just some things we have experienced and done. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
      X