HP, Gaining back that lost HP..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP, Gaining back that lost HP..

This Article was orginaly written in Damierchryler's "Hightech Report" Then was re-writtin in Oct 03 Issue of Sport Compact Car. Thought some of you may want to know where your HP goes. Here it goes.

35.3% Exausht Heat
    30.0% Engine Heat
    8.5% Internal Friction
    4.2% Charging Change
    6.9% Air Resistance
    4.0% Rolling Resistance
    6.4% Translation losses (acceleration)
    0.6% Rotary losses (acceleration)
    0.3% Axles
    0.9% Transmisson
    0.4% Clutch Losses
    1.5% Alternator
    1.0% P.S. Pump

So, Basiclly if you look at this and say...Oh to gain back that lost HP I took out my P.S.... Why should you? It's only 1.0%...When Putting a good insultator on your exausht manifold\headers could gain that lost HP back, A Better Motor Oil could always help gain it back too. I dont know how else to improve cooling on anything but a AE86, Basiclly the less items between the open road and the raditor the better, also letting air escape the engine compartment would help in increasing HP too.

For those of you who've read the rest of the real article you'll see what he has to say about before crank loss and after crank loss. Thats the sequal...

Smokey Yunic did alot of testing on exaust power. Some of the good heat tapes will give you back that lost power. The trick is the hotter the gas tha faster it can travel thus pulling more air/fuel threw the engine. Nice trick eh. I have been using it on some of my cars and, while its not break neck power there is some increase.

Comment

Smokey Yunic did some nice stuff back in the day with the early camaro. I was gonna make my car (68 camaro) a replica of the gold and black car his team used to run.

Comment

Working...
      X