sr20 in g20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr20 in g20

My bro's good freind just did a motor swap on his g20 and put in a sr20 in it couple weeks ago i dont no how but he did, he also has a ae86 in the process of being 210hp beast that will take down these honda ricers in a sec

http://home.san.rr.com/gtirg20/index.html

Re: sr20 in g20

Originally posted by spirit taro
    My bro's good freind just did a motor swap on his g20 and put in a sr20 in it couple weeks ago i dont no how but he did, he also has a ae86 in the process of being 210hp beast that will take down these honda ricers in a sec

http://home.san.rr.com/gtirg20/index.html
    ha ha.. Tha'ts just a RED valve cover.
    and YES the G20 does come with an SR20DE engine (stock) BUT! its reversed so its not exactly an SR20 that you're talking about.

Comment

dam my bad,*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* i should of looked up on that.
      i was bored and thought it was the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* when he did it but that's what happens to me when im bored i start talkin about *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* that i found intresting to myself but have no clue what so ever
      oh what do you mean by
      not exactly an SR20
      is it because the set up or something?

Comment

well that looks like a turbo sr20 to me. where else would that intercooler pipeing be going to? and notice the intake isnt conected to the intake manifold, thats because its conected to the turbine. but i could be wrong if ff an fr motors are differant wich i dont think thay are.

Comment

could be a GTi-R motor.

Where in SD are you? You should stop by some of our meets.

Comment

is it because the set up or something?
            I've talked to a friend of my in Garden Grove (Aerodyne) they specialize in SR20/FC/KA's swaps. We were looking at an SR20DET engine and Im looking at my Bro's G20. The top almost look the same but we were talking about the Intake and the outake system of the two. And it's totally different. I can't really understand what he's explanation was, but He's japanese, and they have a long history in racing in Japan, so i believe him he he.

Comment

sorry crash but thats a turbo sr motor.

Comment

chas i dont if you where talking to me but i could ask him if he wants to go to the meets and me and him live in PQ.oh chas it is a gti-r because the badges on his car say G20 primera and on the top of his site it says GTI-R so obviously its a gti-r moto and when are some up coming meets i'll tell him.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstyleRPS13
                  sorry crash but thats a turbo sr motor.
                  are you talking about the US version or the JAP SR20DET engine?

Because the STOCK Silvia SR20DET engines are front mounted intercooler. and this one came with an upper mount intercooler.

Check this link:
                  http://home.san.rr.com/gtirg20/1.htm

and scroll in the middle.
                  Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 02-11-2004, 06:21 PM.

Comment

its the jap one but ill ask him again im sure it is

Comment

CRASHDRIVE look at the top left above the pages it list numbers click on 2 and it says in the image in the middle or top that its the jap gti-r moto

Comment

guys

it looks like an SR20DET from a GTiR but it could be an SR20DET from a U12 or U13 Bluebird SSS or Primera. This have the same mounting points as the Infinity G20, but in Japan they are known as Primera or Bluebird. In US, the Bluebird is known as the Nissan ALTIMA.

Lots of my friends in Malaysia have converted their U12/U13/B11/B13 to monsters like this one.

This might be a GTiR SR20DET because I think that's a 4-throttle intake on that engine!!

-R32GTST-

Comment

yo crash, i woldent really call the stock intercooler on a silvia a front mount because its mounted on the side infront of the left tire. and i was talking about the gtir motor. o and thanks for the link but i already know how to do motor swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstyleRPS13
                            yo crash, i woldent really call the stock intercooler on a silvia a front mount because its mounted on the side infront of the left tire. and i was talking about the gtir motor. o and thanks for the link but i already know how to do motor swaps.
                            I just wanted to show where intercooler is. Not the instructions on how to do a swap :P

It's all good. I though we were talking about the Silvia S13/S14 engines. But yea, that's a GTi-R engine

I'll be a man and stand corrected

Comment

Working...
                            X