1jz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1jz?

This is my first post so I really don't know how this woks. So here it goes...
    I am doing a 1JZ swap soon on my 88 Supra. I'm just wondering if anyone was done this swap yet? To know what I'm getting myself into. Also what kind of brake upgrade should I do? I heard something through the grapevine of LS430/A80 was a cheap way to go.

you should try the breaks off the 95 supra tt thay should be cheap but affective.

Comment

you might find more info on this swap at supraforums.com

Comment

CoiloverKid on this forum did the swap. I'm not sure if emission has or not, but I know he can. As for myself, I've pulled my 7MGE. But I don't have any 1JZ experience yet.

Comment

Crossmember. They 1jz compatible crossmember didnt appear until 89 or 90 I believe. There is a guy on driftcentral.com by the sn "Supraspeed". He is a supra genius and can tell you anything you need to know.

Comment

Thanks for your help and the sites... I've always been a Honda guy, so the Supra is a big jump for me. I'll tell ya guys how it goes.

Comment

Parts need for this swap are:

1JZ ECU
              2JZ power steering line
              2JZ Throttle cable (7M cable wont reach the 1JZ Throttle)
              88+ crossmember

If your supra isn't a turbo just swap in MA70 turbo brakes. I'd go into detail but all the info you need is on supraforums or you can try useing the search button here. There where a few post about this.

Supra for a drift car isn't ideal but if you can aford to throw 3,000 a year into fixing it do it. Old cars break and suspension parts are expensive. drift car maybe but it be a mean street car.

Good luck

ACDSupra: You aint seen nothing yet, all I got is a cross member from an 89 supra and new mounts.

Can you guess what im doing? Fo' shizzle 1jzizzle!
              Last edited by emission; 02-13-2004, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I'm actually getting a full front clip from Japan. Would that have all the parts I will need? Unfortunatly it's N/A, but I only payed a grand for it so I think putting the work into it will be worth it. Plus I really want to turn some heads.

Comment

im guessing you from velocity in iwakuni japan. im friends with Joe,george and cory. i just moved from there.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstyleRPS13
                    im guessing you from velocity in iwakuni japan.
                    Yeah. One one the chapers is there. I think the president of our chapter is from Iwakuni (Ryan). There are acouple chapters here in the US. I'm from the Indy chapter. We got some nice cars and prodjects on the hush. There is a JDM Pulsar GTI-R, S-13 w/SR20 swap and silvia conversion (i could list it all but it would take awhile so if u want i can post it later). Z32, two S-14's, one koeki.

http://www.velocity.isfaster.com

Comment

joe and george are the starters or velocity so im sure one of them are president it seems like it is dieing down there in iwakuni because all they have is an s13,s14,s15, and an mr2 and i think one or two vip cars. do you guys have roads to drive out there like in iwakuni or does your chapter do more drag racing insted of touge?

Comment

i have a question. back in okinawa, my mom bought a 89 supra mk3, came stock with twin turbo. what's the name of the engine. 1jz?, i wasnt into cars at the time when she had it.

Comment

Working...
                        X