PLEASE HELP! KA misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP! KA misfire

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I thought more info would help in narrowing down the problem.

Hi guys. I have been having problems with my NA KA24de on my 96 s14 for about a week now and no one seems to know what is causing the problem. It started after a night of drifting in the rain. The car ran perfect all night. We get to my friend's house. I leave the car on idling for about 10 minutes then I pull out to leave and all of a sudden the car misfires and sounds like a wrx. For the next few days we tried many of the usual things such as replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. My old wires were bad so that helped a little. We also ran some ecu codes and ended up with error codes for the maf, misfire on cylinder #4, error for IAT sensor. So we thought it was the MAF and my IAT wires were bad so we got a MAF out of my friend's S14 and re-did the IAT sensor wiring. That didn't help and the car still threw the same codes. I ended up taking the car to a shop and they fixed it but not completely. They said they found a bad ground and also said that my timing was a little off so that all got fixed and now I can actually floor the car and it will run perfect but only some of the time. It misfires a lot from 2-3 k and sometimes up high at 5-6. But then other times it will just misfire all through first gear on full throttle. Basically it's kind of random and runs flawless sometimes so it's really strange. It seems to be fine when I floor it at higher gears and worse on lower gears.
    I was wondering if this might just be a bad ecu? We reset the ECU and it didn't help. Also I can unplug my 02 sensor and the car will run the same.
    Or is it something like injectors, fuel pump, etc.?

If anyone has any help or suggestions, please let me know

Thanks, Alex

check ur injectors see if u have leaky o rings

Comment

I have had this same problem on two of my KA's. It seems that this is somewhat of a common problem.

Check #4 for leaky O rings. The best result is to go pick up a new set of O rings and replace both of them at the same time while the injector is out.

Comment

Working...
      X