Miata tech question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miata tech question

Is this side bar FD and Just Drift/DD tandem legal?

Last edited by Bebop; 02-16-2007, 07:34 PM.

bump bump bump

Comment

Hello sorry ,but no its not legit .IMO that side bar does nothing, PS I build cages

Comment

Originally posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
        Hello sorry ,but no its not legit .IMO that side bar does nothing, PS I build cages

Hey, thanks for the honest opinion.

How much would a cage like the one shown above run, but with a more legit side bar.

Comment

put a low racing seat....and its legal per the JD rules

Comment

^^^^ hahaha yea so when you get T-Boned ya gonna take it straight to the ribs,granted most(most) drifting mishaps are at low speed,but almost anything will pass at JD . To the TS YGM, PEACE .IIRC all rules have now gone to 2 door bar minimun for tandem, but thats the standard per SCCA in road racing
            Last edited by UNITEDMASTER; 02-20-2007, 04:21 AM.

Comment

If you're going to do it, do it right. If you plan to run tandem, get a real cage and not just something that looks like a cage. There are places you can cut costs in building a car, your safety equipment is not one of them.

http://www.miatacage.com/

http://www.bethania-garage.com/cages.htm
              Last edited by BenR; 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM.

Comment

^^^^ LOLLOLLOL.I was laughing at the above comment "put the seat lower" .What was your point in quoting me???LMK As far as Im concerned its all or nothing either you want a "real cage" to go racing,or you dont!!! Thats all truth up there,tell these guys about half assing it ,all my track cars have the real deal weld in not this bolt in stuff or AP crap, maybe you meant to quote DRTONE,hahahah,LATE
                Last edited by UNITEDMASTER; 02-20-2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X