22R runs like *Censored*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22R runs like *Censored*

Well i have a celica and it has a 22R motor in it. Very popular motor among toyota. I believe it's just the fuel pump. When the fuel pump actually works, some times i gotta hit the tank for it to start. Then the fuel pump will make a ticking sound. I have a new fuel pump coming and hopefully that will fix everything. When i can actually get the car started it will idle almost normal. Then i can give it gas to 3k and no more. I cant drive it at the time. Has anyone had this problem? Hopefully it is just the fuel pump, anything else i should check out?

If you can, check that the connection to the pump is good (if you don't have a diag. pad, see if you can hear it trying to pump). You might just have some sort of corrosion inside the pump or a build up which inhibits the pump's operation. If your new pump doesn't work, then seek help from a higher source.

What kind of celica is it? Celica Supra?!?!

I'm not too familiar with the 22R motor either, what car is that from?

-MR

Comment

it's just a celica. it's the 22REC motor. Anywho, the pump should of been here today but it's not. damnit. The car is starting to turn into a headache. I might just sell it. any takers?

Comment

got the fuel pump in there maannnn. it runs now, runs like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but it runs. I wonder whats up with it? I was driving it around today but its not as powerful as it was before. Damnit. I kinda regret taking off the PS, and alot of other things. Oh well...

Comment

Working...
        X