Turbo Sr20det w/nos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Sr20det w/nos?

Whats up i am getting a s13 from japan $1600 good deal and getting up to 10grand in powerupgrades ,but i keep hearing my friend say nitrous with turbo big compression rate and you want low with turbo what if i am just running the nitrous threw my intercooler like a spray???

Turbos like NAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSS it helps them spool up quicker. But if your doing all this upgrade you wont need it beleive me. You friend also doesent sound to mechanicly inclined.

Comment

Well he gots a civic hatchback wit zex ran 13.8 its fast i been in it yah i kno it will make it spool up faster but will it cause damage to my engine over time or at all?

Comment

depends on alot of things what are your internals, how much you want to run, what turbo there are alot of things to consider when choosing naws. And a 13 sec Civic aint that fast you could outrun that thing with your s13 easy without nos.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
          depends on alot of things what are your internals, how much you want to run, what turbo there are alot of things to consider when choosing naws. And a 13 sec Civic aint that fast you could outrun that thing with your s13 easy without nos.

Yah i kno the sr20det gots 205hp stock!I think i just run intercooler spray...

Comment

Like this but little smaller
            Attached Files

Comment

Listen the thing is, what kind of octane rating in gas do you have availible. Octane is the gas's resistant to predetination.

I hate to say this but if you do not understand the basics like this You do not need to be putting 10 grand into a car before learning.

Go learn the basics about Turbo motors. Nitrous Oxide and compression ratio. There is alot of information out there on these. Far more then i my self know or am going to be able to explain to you in one short post.

Then worry about putting money into something.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                Listen the thing is, what kind of octane rating in gas do you have availible. Octane is the gas's resistant to predetination.

I hate to say this but if you do not understand the basics like this You do not need to be putting 10 grand into a car before learning.

Go learn the basics about Turbo motors. Nitrous Oxide and compression ratio. There is alot of information out there on these. Far more then i my self know or am going to be able to explain to you in one short post.

Then worry about putting money into something.
                Yah i kno but the engine upgrades are crazy so 10grand will just cover i already order everyhting i think i will get co2 intercooler spray i been learning about cars since i was 8 so dont give me lessons want to meat up and race or drift lets go!

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                  what part of the country are you in?

you were born in 90? according to your profile anyways.. think your abit young to challange anyone? i mean do you have a liscense?

Edit: im not trying to be negative, just trying to understand the situation here.
                  I put 90 for the year of my silvia i live in L.a. You?

Comment

Sr20det with like 50 thousand miles i aint telling you no more

Comment

Why do you need NOS to drift??

Comment

Naaawwwws to drift??? damn, somebody's stupid.

Comment

Nitrous would be an inexpensive way for a drift car to hold its own in a drag race, or on the street. He didnt say he would use the nitrous specificly for drifting.

Though i agree. a Turbo large enough to need nitrous to spool it up probably isnt your best choice for a drift car. But thats just my opinion

Comment

Putting nitrous into an SR is just stupid, unless it has a huge turbo and needs it for spool up. Even then, it's still retarded. If you have 10k to put into your setup, use it to ensure reliability and long life, and use whatever's left for turbo/fuel/engine manageent upgrades. you'll be WAY happier that way than with some lame engine steroids.

Comment

Working...
                            X