No announcement yet.

good RX-7 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the V8 is kinda like putting a 5.0 engine in it. Its good for drag cuz its a light car and on straight aways no one would touch me. But I'm talking drift here, techniques a great asset and in I have too much juice and not much skill(which I dont...Beginner here) I will just smack into a wall. But thanks though.
    When I first thought of engine swaping I thought Supra. I thought that maybe I can throw a supra engine in my lil car. But then I got slapped and came to my senses.

Comment

If you guys want to see how My car looks like go to www.autotrader.com . Go to used cars. Make is Mazda, Model is MX-5. Price is 3,500. to make it easier put in zip code 91786. The blue one is mine. Let me know what you think.

Comment

not bad. you selling your car.

Comment

At first I was cuz I was planning to get a S14 but then I started hearing on this sit how good the miatas are. So I stuck with it. Just that its still on Auto Trader and I Still get Like 5 calls a day for it.

Comment

hey people i had an stupid but neccesaary cuesstion..

does my engine(13BT-S4 edition) is gonna work if i put an 88 turbo ecu on it....???? i f dont why??? please tell me ...

Comment

Well my first reply is to TWC. This isn't a good thread to put this in. First reason you are thread jacking with the question and second is that you will get more response with a seperate thread for this concern.

I would venture to say that it will not work. Not too familiar with ECU's and swaping them but I know enough to know hey are pretty vehicle specific. Make your own thread and more people will see it and you'll get better answers.

Comment

K now the related post. I will say that V8 would be a no-no in that car. The Monster Miatas are some sweet cars but if you are trying to get into Drifting, like you said above, then that ain't the set-up for you. Those things are way too powerful for a beginner to try to master. I had one royally waste my first FD. Spun the entire way doing it too. He was a pilot for Delta.

If I were you, I would do this. I would keep the engine that you have in the car. You don't need that much power to learn. Master your skills at that level then move up. Look at Foilman. His car was a Turbo KA and he was God on the slide. The name of the game in the beginning is skill, not power. My car has too much power for me. I'm not ashamed to admit it. That's why I got a Hachi.

So keep what you have. You may no like Drifting and then what?, it also doesn't make much sense to be trying to get into Drifting and take your car apart. That's just more time that you are not out there driving cause you done gone and torn that car apart.

So keep wat you got, start small and go big.

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo
                  beginner/amatuare drifting. I'm thinking that people there might have some fixed up cars and that my lil 1.6 wont be able to hang.
                  I just caught this and figured I ought to correct it before we get any further. In drifting (at least novice drifting) it isnt the car, its the driver. Granted we are talking about a really small displacement engine, but this isnt drag or wangan, its not car, its drifting, its you.

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Thanx

Comment

I have seen some random street video of a super charged miata beet a newer transmaro so you could do that if you got the money, if you wanted a rotary go find to speedoption.com or somthing like that i saw a turbo 2 motor with intercooler and tranny for like 700 or somthing. or you could always sell the miata for second gen rx7 or 240 cuz miatas have a high resale value dont they?

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                          For under 3500, you could deystroy an sr'd 240.
                          lol not if I put under 3500 into my sr'd 240 including the swap =)

Comment

Mazdaspeed!

If you were thinking about making just a bit more power, think of the 1.8 swap in place of your 1.6. Through Mazdaspeed, a brand new complete 1.8 engine is available for only $1500. Easy swap, reliable, and if you have the stock torsen LSD, you're pretty much set.

Comment

Re: Mazdaspeed!

Originally posted by slipangle
                              If you were thinking about making just a bit more power, think of the 1.8 swap in place of your 1.6. Through Mazdaspeed, a brand new complete 1.8 engine is available for only $1500. Easy swap, reliable, and if you have the stock torsen LSD, you're pretty much set.
                              The funny thing is I see a lot of aftermarket bolt-ons and turbo kits for the 1.6 then the 1.8 and they are cheaper then the 1.8. I say stick with the 1.6 and then turbo it you will not be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X