ae86 engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ae86 engines

I am trying to figure out which engine i sould put in my 86.....I like the 4ac but it doesn't have enough power.....I like the carb... most of the 86 are doing gts swap and even 20v swaps.....I want to be different...I am thinkin about puttin a 22r in my corolla..... I got a 81 celica free and it has a 22r in it...It is only a sohc but comes stock with 130 hp.......It can push over 250 hp and can even handle turbo......I am going to be runnin the 40 dce daulside drafts on it.........Do u think it can be done.....

hey, keep us update. i would like to see an 22r in 86. gl

Comment

http://www.toysport.com/catalog/Catalogue%20Main.htm

this company makes me wish i was rich. you can build a fujiwara special with this parts setup

Comment

Don't know if your still here or not being as you haven't made a post in a month, but you have some options. I understand not wanting to do a GTS swap. It's fun to do something interesting and different. I use to have an SR5 so I kinda know what your talking about. My recommendation, don't swap to a 22R. The engine weighs about 200lb's heavier with not much Horsepower gain. I was actually looking at this very swap untill the numbers talked me out of it.

If you're really interested with staying with a carbed engine there are some options you can take with the 4-AC. For not too much (about $300) you can bolt on a down draft weber, or even spend a little more and get a side draft slider carb. I've seen a couple cars with this setup. Not only does it look awsome, but the power upgrade is decent. Getting an exhaust can help too. I've seen some turbo setups, but sadly, with the stock head, you can't do too much in the pressure dept 'cause of lack of flow. If you have any more specific questions check out www.club4ac.com

A group of us that didn't want to swap to the 4AG started this site up. We have some good info in the tech sections.

Comment

Working...
        X