throttle bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle bodies

ive heard of people putting idividual throttle bodies on i guess each intake port?
    im guessing this is possible with any engine?(ka24e in my case)

what might be the advantages?

i realy dont know anythign about doing this i was just wondering

yeah it was that picture that sparked my question

Comment

datsun 510 guys do it on KA. check out my avatar. That's a 4age with ITBs.

I'm putting bike throttles on mine. It's more about response than adding HP.

Here's a bigger pic:
      Attached Files

Comment

how would i go about doin it?
        like what parts do i need?
        do i need to tamper with the fuel line at all?
        sorry i didnt search first but i figured this is the tech area so i thought ide ask

Comment

Well, first and foremost you'll need to have a MAP sensored setup.

Comment

well i guess if i find somone hwo can map that crap they will know whatever else i need
            thanx for all the info man

Comment

-SCCA race cars use ka24e carburated setup. Not individual throttles.

Comment

ooohh yeah i was wondering about that too
                my dads truck is carbuerated/fuel injected
                whats the advantages of have a carbuerater setup?

Comment

check this link out

http://www.twminduction.com/

Comment

Carbeuration is a lot easier to troubleshoot than EFI - just take it apart and put it back together and you'll be fine.

Carb's also often don't need the same amount of pressure in the lines that EFI does.

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                      Carbeuration is a lot easier to troubleshoot than EFI - just take it apart and put it back together and you'll be fine.

-MR
                      That statement is so brod and false that it isnt even funny.
                      Carbs are more "known" thats why some people think it eaiser to work on than EFI. Me personaly I think FI is better in every way to carbs(save for price but that can also be debated) and is eaiser to work on and tune..but then again i have more expearance with FI than carbs. Yes i have had my fair share of time with carbs cars in my V8/Drag racing days...
                      It is true that FI runs higher fule pressure but that is how it works..it uses the high pressure to atamise the fule , while squirting it out the injector.
                      so dont think carbs are better...there not..because they can only be tuned to a very fine RPM/Power band...not the hole rev/driving range of the motor like FI can...

Comment

Working...
                      X