ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Impreza 2.5rs, awd...but I wanna slide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Impreza 2.5rs, awd...but I wanna slide!

Hey, I'm new here, tight site and I like the info on here. So I'm 18, and have a 2002 Impreza 2.5rs. The car is stock except for a JIC catback on the way, it doesnt have alot of power but enough to make me smile(sometimes). I am deadset to get involved in drifting someway or another, so I have a few questions:
    1) Is it worth my time to balance my car and insurance payments and try converting the car to rwd, also, are there any trannies that will work with subie motors that i can use rather than doing the welded center diff, etc etc stuff.
    2) I have slid my car around on gravel and in wet parking lots, and a few times on the road like a re. until i almost destroyed my car, so are there ANY tracks, events, etc in the md, dc, va, pa, de region that I can go to and start sliding or even watch to learn some actuall skills?

Oh and i work part time now because of college, fulltime in the summer, so I don't have much cash to work with either.
    Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance!

im not to good with subies..all i know is that you take your front axles out and weld the center diff.i think that there are some companies that sell a center diff but im not sure. make sure to upgrade that rear diff cuz ive heard that they will bust on you when you make them rwd.i dont know about any events in DE but i wish that there wer events or more drifters in the DE area.i know MD has some but most are over the bridge or up state.

Comment

Read my resopnce to you in the other thread.
      http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24081

Comment

If you want to get started going sideways in your skuby you don't really have to weld the center diff. PPG makes a spool to repalce the center diff (about $600 i think) that you can swap in, you dont even have to remove the trans from the car. Then you just need some junkyard front axles to part out to fill the holes in your front wheel bearing and trans where the axle ends went and you r ready to go. Some people have adapted the s14/15 trans to fit with a custom bellhousing and custom center driveshaft, but its cheaper just to replace the center diff with a spool. And with the 2.5rs power output you might not have to replace the rear diff with a stronger (STI ?) unit like the WRX's do.

As for drift events on the east coast, i dunno. try looking at driftday.com they have links to some east coast amatuer drift organizations.

Comment

Working...
        X