Update: Photos RB25 Build parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: Photos RB25 Build parts

Some of you asked for it, here are some photos of some of the parts for our RB25 Build that we're featuring. And some views of our porting on the head.

Head and Block components. JE Pistons, Ferrea Racing Components, Tomei, Deatschwerks, Speed O Motive (head work). Oh, and Penn tennis ball...

Ferrea Valves, Stock valves on left of each.

Intake Side of Ferrea Valves

Ferrea Valve comparison close up, stock on left INTAKE SIDE

Exhaust Side of Ferrea Valves

Ferrea Valve comparison close up, stock on left EXHAUST SIDE

Tomei Poncam Cams

JE forged piston set plus pins and rings (all will be treated by
    http://WPCtreatment.com )

Deatschwerks 650cc Injectors

Project Head ported and polished by Speed O Motive

Intake side

Intake side angled

Exhaust side

Exhaust side angled

I'll post more pictures of the other parts going into this motor once I get around to it if I have time. Also I'll try to get a photo of the pistons, rings and pins after they get back from WPC plus the ACL bearings coming in this week.

Nice build man.

Comment

Boss *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* eh? I like your car by the way, pink valve covers are nice...pink is for pimps for sure. Thanks on the props, the build has already been through day 1 of filming where we ran into a few issues we are currently fixing. Should be done when we finish the R&D on our springs and spring seat locators after which we'll complete filiming, likely by next week, we'll see. Got some great products we're working with and some excellent companies who are working with us to make sure the end user gets the best results.

San Dimas Auto
      Speed O Motive
      Boso Garage
      Lopez Crankshafts
      L-CON Racecar Engineering
      JE PISTONS
      Apex Integration Inc.
      WPC Treatment
      Ferrea Racing Components
      Tomei Japan/USA
      TORCO Racing Oils
      Hose Techniques
      KKR TURBOS (AUSTRALIA)
      ACL BEARINGS
      KaaZ USA
      Deatschwerks
      SPEC CLUTCH
      Phase 2 Motortrend
      Driveshaft Shop
      Syko Performance

We also have a short trailer which goes over the highlights of our first day around here somewhere...

Comment

wow seems like that's going to be a hell of a motor

Comment

Well, its going to be at the very least pretty bulletproof. The way that I went about doing this build is pretty conservative but with high quality parts and processes. Aside from the valve train everything internally was just beefed up but within stock sizing. Essentially it's what an average amateur could put together who doesn't know how different sizing relates to the finished product, and wouldn't know the first thing about why he'd have to go to an 87mm piston over a 86mm one, etc. Like me. I want to hammer on her pretty hard at the track and not worry about anything. So hopefully the formula of quality over quantity(displacement) works out for this first RB25 Build DVD.

Comment

Working...
          X