4age ---> 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4age ---> 240

Would you swap a 4age into a 89 240sx i was thinking of it and i was wondering what are the benefits or anything like pros and cons thx if any one replys.

if you ever have driven a 4ag powerd car you'll know why this is a bad idea. the 4ag is one torquelss wonder motor..and the S13/S14 chassy is a lot heavier than an AE86 chassy...so the preformance will suck..motor swaps are not needed for drifting....but if you really want to do one..that is diffrent than everyone else...drop the S2K motor into an S13...

Comment

That'd be awesome. I know someone already dropped an S2k motor into an AE86, but dropping one into an S13! Wow. Funny.

Comment

Chassis is spelled with no y

The idea of the swap is kinda stupid seeing that the 4-ag is very low on power, It is a great motor when built correctly but it still cant compare in power to the CA18 or SR20, Possibly a well built 7-AGET(20V head, on 7-A block with turbo) would make the power of a CA18 but they are still not nearly as cheap.

The (P)S13 Chassis as said earlier is quite a bit heftier then the AE86(88) chassis, also the gear box, rear diff would not fit the 4-AG.

The SR20 or CA18 are both very well built strong engines that with enough love and care will put out much more then 300hp, The best built 4-AG(e) makes prolbly a little less then 300hp...

Comment

thx for the input i was really thinking of actually doing it i was just wondering about it.

Comment

wow. 4ag-240 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. wow.

wanna be different? Try out a VG30 turbo.

Comment

you will have the slowest s13 ever. All bark no bite.

Comment

Maybe try C30

Comment

Maybe try C30

Comment

Re: 4age ---> 240

Originally posted by GotPhoRPS13
                    Would you swap a 4age into a 89 240sx i was thinking of it and i was wondering what are the benefits or anything like pros and cons thx if any one replys.

any ricers who think initial D defines sport compacts will love it. I would hate it. and it would be slow. think 18-20 seconds in the quarter mile. it wouldhave a much worse power to weight ratio then the already under powered AE86

for the record i love initial D.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardluck
                      That'd be awesome. I know someone already dropped an S2k motor into an AE86, but dropping one into an S13! Wow. Funny.
                      got pics to prove it id def like to see that

Comment

WHY IS THE Ae,s13,180sx the only drift cars in the US

whats going on to all the people on the drifting forms I have been coming to this site for some time now and I have noticed that most of the people all they talk about is the 3 most baisc drift cars which are the ae,s13,180sx.I got a 89 supra turbo and I can get that sideways no problem not for someone to say that the other 3 cars a better because they are light .I think thats bull becuse regardless of the weight if you got enough skill you could get any RWD car sideways.my main speel is that dont diss the cars that are the true drifters MA70(86-92 supra),Scoarer(sc300)

Comment

If you wanted to do something along this lines try a 13b swap. with a turbo. that would be interesting.

Comment

Ma70 you aint been coming to this site if you think that. There have been NUMOROUS threads about other cars. Use the search button.

Also if you think those are the "True drifters" you are sadly mistaken. Yes those are very competant drift chassis' but the most widely used chassis is the s-13, the corolla is up there too as well as the FC.

You sure you were coming to this site?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsin
                              got pics to prove it id def like to see that
                              IT had the S2 guage display to.

Comment

Working...
                              X