Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help old schooling it

Hello all!!!

Little about me: im almost 29 and im seeing my years fly by to fast. when i was younger i was really huge into 1/4 mile. i had many toys, like a 1968 dodge dart gt convertable that i built from the gound up. it had a 360 power house with about 425 Hp SB 360 CID that i built. ive built many many V-6s in my time and then when i was around 22 i bought my first rocket and put a cover over mucle cars for good. hey right out of the box 11 sec in the 1/4 hell yea! but breaking speed every where i go is kinda getting old when you have 3 kids. so i finaly found one of my original cars i had when i was a kid ( long story) and shes now in my garage. now im looking to make a drifter

Well im kinda new to this whole drifting thing in a way. im not a young punk that thinks i know it all. thats why i am here so 1st things 1st. i have a 1973 plymouth Duster (feather duster). its original motor is a 225 slant six with 8.4 to 1 comp, 95-105 HP and 170-185 Tq. yes i know a dog. but the can take a beeting like you wouldnt belive. im not looking to build another 1000 hp V8. its to simple. so im looking to build up a 225 slant six to put into her. the 225 i wana build will have a turbo and home made built headers and intake. the motor has a really long stroke. longer then a 440 CID. so RPM,s will kinda suck. 6000 is about the max. what im looking for is a possable 300-325 HP at crank. but one thing... i have no clue about turbos. i see some makes for the 6 but there minor. the motor already has low compretion so a bigger turbo willnot be a problem. im looking around 12-13 to 1 comp. but i also want a noisy turbo so people knows what infront of them lol. so what kind of turbo system is there out i can use?

i will be asking much more about the hows and wheres of building this project. any kinda insite to help me build an old school drifter will be nice.

dont know anything about slant six? http://www.allpar.com/slant6.html

well the motor build sounds interesting, the most important thing in a drift car is not how much power it makes (although more can help and be more fun) its pretty much all bout the suspension and chassis setup.

So your gonna be working with an old car with double A arm front suspension and a solid rear axel with coil springs. Does it have a posi or other USA Style Limited slip differential?

I mean reall you could probly slide that car around great with about 200hp or so if you had some form of LSD, replace all the old rotted out rubber bushings with either urethane or heim joints, some updated shocks and springs I think QA1 makes coilovers that would work well with your car although im not sure. maybe a set of sway bars. You will probably also want to stiffen that old flexy chassis a bit with some subframe connectors and or other braces

Building a drift car (generally speaking) is basically just like building a SCCA road race car, just we run a little less grip in the rear and we mod for more steering angle. Otherwise its pretty much the same stuff.

Comment

Working...
    X