Steering wheel is locked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel is locked?

I just had a key made for a car that has been sitting for months. i go to start it with the key made by the locksmith it turns on and everything but the steering wheel is locked. i dont know what it could be any ideas?

thanks
    -steve

beat it with a hammer

Comment

hahah
      i thought about breaking it too but what would happen? would it just not lock ever again or would it mess up my driving performance?
      Last edited by ; 03-18-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

if this is going to be a track car and not a street registered car, i would go ahead and disable the ignition/steering lock as a safety precaution anyways. you don't want to be on track at a high speed with the wheel locked.

Comment

Originally posted by conspire View Post
          if this is going to be a track car and not a street registered car, i would go ahead and disable the ignition/steering lock as a safety precaution anyways. you don't want to be on track at a high speed with the wheel locked.
          Yep, thats the best way to go. Use a cool push button and forget all that key/lock stuff.

Comment

Omg Full Lock Yo!

Comment

the lock inside the ignition just fell off right when i took the ignition off. i put another ignition on but can i still use the other ignition and the steering wheel will just not lock?

i spent 220 dollars on a custom key for that other ignition that had a broken lock

Comment

once the lock is out the wheel will not lock. But a 220 dollar key is sweet. Is it made of platinum? j/k. That hurts to hear how much money you spent for that key. does it work on your doors? If so I would say just keep the old ignition.

Comment

wow ... there's no way in hello-kitty's bedroom that i'd spend $220 for a key! dayum sam!

i like akuma's idea ... remove all that crap and go push button.

Comment

iv changed ingitions out b4 its a pain. i had no key code and no other key to duplicate. they made it from scratch and cost me 220 dollars

so ur saying i can still use the ignition and it will work fine besides the fact the wheel wont ever lock again? who wants the other ignition and door locks ext if so hahah.
                    Last edited by ; 03-20-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

i'm saying before i had spent all that money i'd gutted the ignition/key lock mechanism on the column and bought a cheap $20 push button starter switch from autozone or something and mounted that on the dash. then i'd took the remainder of the $200 and got a nice momo steering wheel. haha

Comment

Working...
                      X