Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ca18 buy

quik question??

ok im really not too familiar with the ca18 as i am about the sr but im actually considering swapping a ca18 into my s13 since the price is pretty low compared to an sr so if anyone could help id appreciated.....

where is a good place or places where i can get a ca18 motorset or clip around the L.A area or nearby.....

the ca18 is a strong motor. the stock hp is about 175. as the sr is about 205 which you prolly already knew. if you are drifting i would go with the ca because (im sure you have heard this 348975934 times) drifting is all about balance and the ca is better balanced and weighs less. but if you are looking for more power potential on stock internals the sr holds more boost and power. but the stock turbo gives out at about 16 psi. but the engine begs for more boost. i had considered the ca18 for my s14 but the wiring is totally different. went back and forth between ca or sr. finally decided to bore the KA out with new pistons and turbo it. but this is just to help you out.

HOPE IT HELPS!!!

Comment

thanks for the info man... im actually running ka-t right now the problem is that its now on its last days, this last time that i went to the track i was runing the car then i lost power all of a sudden i open the hood and oil was all over my motor, seems to me like the piston rings are pretty much gone, i really cant take the mottor out and build it cus its my daily so im trying to spare the motor as long as i can atleast untill i get enough money for the swap... its still running right now.....

Comment

Originally posted by 91drftr View Post
        thanks for the info man... im actually running ka-t right now the problem is that its now on its last days, this last time that i went to the track i was runing the car then i lost power all of a sudden i open the hood and oil was all over my motor, seems to me like the piston rings are pretty much gone, i really cant take the mottor out and build it cus its my daily so im trying to spare the motor as long as i can atleast untill i get enough money for the swap... its still running right now.....
        pretty good choice, parts for the CA are almost everywhere remember when you first get the motor to change headgaskets, timing belts and the usual.

if you want local parts for a auto store say you have a 1988 or 89 nissan pulsar with the CA18DE. you can get away with a good amount of parts.

Comment

Working...
        X