sr20det swap for fc3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr20det swap for fc3s

i was just wondering if anyone has info on a sr20det swap for an fc3s!!! please dont leave dumb comments about it. if you can help me then thanx just dont waste your time talking sh_t.

It's not a real common swap if it's ever been done at all. The engine isn't really suited for the FC's setup IMHO. Now I'm not a rotary fan myself, in fact I'm a Nissan fan, but I don't recommend this swap. It would be a ton of fabrication work without much gain IMO.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's how I feel. If you really feel the need to swap a cylinder engine, LS1 and LS2 swaps are fairly common although I'm against those as well. Honestly I'm against b@stard swaps.

What about dropping in a 3 rotor or some equivalent?

Comment

thanx man i relly dont want to go v8... and my buddy is going to be doing a 20b swap to his fc. i met a guy that has done the sr20det swap to his fc im currently trying to get ahold of him. and its cool i dont mind opinions i just hate when ppl talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. i used to have a 240sx but got rid of it i came cross thsi fc so i fig. i would try something new. but i will be buying a new s13 a little later this year. and if you come across nethign or ne1 that has some info on this swap let me know thanx.

Comment

This swap isnt all that worthless, it really depends what your looking for.

And alot of people have done this swap, just search through some of the RX7 forums.

I think Tony Angelo had one, sold it to Lindsay Ross who put a rotary back in it. Might want to hit one of them up for more info on the mounts and the drivesahfts if your serious about it. I think thats all you really need other then the fuel motor tranny harness and ecu.

Who cares about guage clusters, get a aftermarket setup. It depends what kind of power you like, or what type of reliabilty, or what amount of weight your willing to deal with in the front.

Comment

thanx blaze appreciate it i hit up both of them i just havent got nething back yet. yeha i pretty much not worried about the cluster im going to fab one u my self. im going to try to get ahold of them some how so i can start this project started. have you been to willow springs? i live like right outside there in rosamond.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
            This swap isnt all that worthless, it really depends what your looking for.

And alot of people have done this swap, just search through some of the RX7 forums.

I think Tony Angelo had one, sold it to Lindsay Ross who put a rotary back in it. Might want to hit one of them up for more info on the mounts and the drivesahfts if your serious about it. I think thats all you really need other then the fuel motor tranny harness and ecu.

Who cares about guage clusters, get a aftermarket setup. It depends what kind of power you like, or what type of reliabilty, or what amount of weight your willing to deal with in the front.
            Interesting to know. At least in the 240sx crowd (mostly forums) it's not that common. Would be interesting to see.

Comment

put an s2000 engine

Comment

sr swap

It's not a common swap at all. Since most people are running the N/A FC3S they're swapping in the turbo rotary (13BT) from the TII (either usdm or jdm). It's a lot easier to swap in than the SR since the motor mounts are exactly the same as the 13B. Kinda like swapping a SR into a car previously equipped with a KA. The 20b is a popular "dream" swap due to the cost of the build itself.

Most rotary fans are also against swapping in a piston motor and would rather stay rotary. The ones that get tired of it will usually swap in a Chevy LSx series motor.

My advice is to join any of the popular rotary sites like rx7club.com or nopistons.com and start asking around. I know for sure rx7club.com has a "other swaps" section that is pretty busy. There's a lot of talk about swaps, but not a lot of swapping going on. Chalk it up to teanagers.

Comment

don't swap, go through mazdaspeed. You grab another NA 13b engine, weld the, axis spine/driveshaft/ whatever that piece is called; I used to know, and get the basic design of a 2.6 liter rotary engine, almost identical to Mazda's 727 which was outlawed from the Le Mans when it hit the scene. Mazdaspeed sells the rotor housing, and assuming you did the fab work correctly, it'll work, and if so you'll be running an amazing 4 rotor Le Mans ready FC. Just as a precaution, reinforce it just in case..and also, don't pop open the hood, you can't let something that awesome out in the public eye, and plus, if you really care about your car, you won't let someone look under the hood anyway, you don't let people peek up your girlfriend's skirt do you? The same when dealing with the car you're building up, because you'll be spending a lot of time with it.

Comment

worry about your el camino not my fc !!!!

Comment

man msg me up when u get some info on the SR swap. I love the Rx7 both the fc and the fd, an SR swap would be pretty interesting, not really a big fan of swapping it with an ls engine as well too.

Comment

I'm an FC dude here. Also a huge rotary fan. I think dropping an SR20 in an FC would be ridiculously awesome! You get the sexy FC looks, and the very powerful/reliable SR20 power plant...The best of both worlds.

I dont know of any place that could help you though, but I've had the same idea a little while back. I say try your best to get this done, and I wanna see pics and videos after!

good luck!

-Rich

Comment

sorry to inform you all i will not be doing this swap right now im not going to have the money to support the swap for the sr into my fc im gonna go with just a 13b for now. but as soon as i am ready i will post the pics for the build and give some info on what should be done so give me a couple of months. sorry again low on moola right now. thanx for the support for you guys, i shall help you all out if needed. later!

Comment

Its cool dude. I saving money for my build in the fall/winter months. I'm going to be putting either an S5 13B-T or a FD 13B-RE . Most likely the S5 13B-T though . I will have a build up thread.

Comment

thats awesome man. yeah im just going to do the turbo2 also but i am already saving money for a 20b, so yeah its gonna be a long build once the 20b is purchased in the next few monthes.

Comment

Working...
                              X