Spool Locker on a daily driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spool Locker on a daily driver?

I'm contemplating putting a spool locker or just welding the diff. spider gears for drift, which is a totally fine idea, but I'm just wondering if any of you have done this with their usual car? I mean, the Camino is gonna be purely for drift, but I would like to use it getting to and from work, and the occasional time I go anywhere, but if it'll be a drastic problem, I'm willing to go with a 1.5 or 2 way Limited Slip

Originally posted by 77ElCaminoDrift View Post
    I'm contemplating putting a spool locker or just welding the diff. spider gears for drift, which is a totally fine idea, but I'm just wondering if any of you have done this with their usual car? I mean, the Camino is gonna be purely for drift, but I would like to use it getting to and from work, and the occasional time I go anywhere, but if it'll be a drastic problem, I'm willing to go with a 1.5 or 2 way Limited Slip
    Done it before, it kinda sucks driving around town and in parking lots but Once your out drifting its freaken sweet

Comment

like what kind of problems?

Comment

http://www.drift50.com/blog/geoffrey...-sometime-soon

http://www.drift50.com/fool-spool

Air Locker time!!

Comment

what rear end is in your car?

Comment

I have welded over 290 diffs over the past 6 years. They work great for drifting, drag, and playing around. The only downside is making U turns because it chirps the tires.

Comment

looks stock diff. but I haven't had the tiem to really mess with it yet, so it could be posi, who knows? Anyway, I think I'll go positrac for my diff. unless someone else thinks I should go about it differently; not too worried with price since I'm working on getting sponsored by a local spot here; they only have a couple drifers, little 240s and I think one's got an RB26 in it, I dunno, I think they need an American touch.

Comment

Being as you have an older Chevy, shop around and see if you can find yourself a Possi rear end for the thing.

Comment

gonna go with a spool, but more importantly, what about my fuel delivery? If I stay carbed like I want, I'm gonna have to deal with losing fuel flow in my drift from the weight transfer. I thought about using a boat carb, but that's a bit pricey, and I'm hoping to get it up and going in a few months with about 1200 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                  X