No announcement yet.

1980 corvette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get some "before" pics of the car?

I think C3 vettes look really cool.

Comment

Just realize you're going into "uncharted waters" and the costs can be endless just to get it to a level that's close to that of a cheap little 240. Ask me how I know..... All I'm saying is, think before you get too deep...

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by DV19 View Post
        Just realize you're going into "uncharted waters" and the costs can be endless just to get it to a level that's close to that of a cheap little 240. Ask me how I know..... All I'm saying is, think before you get too deep...

Good Luck
        True, but that's if your goal is to make a competitive drift car on a budget. If Social is just looking for a project car and something to grab some looks for not being a 240SX, then I'd say he's on the right track.

There's something to be said about being different. Heck, it's one of the things I like the most about your car, DV.

Comment

simply amazing, thats the new C6.5 vet the eco friendly vet for the fun loving american

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
            True, but that's if your goal is to make a competitive drift car on a budget. If Social is just looking for a project car and something to grab some looks for not being a 240SX, then I'd say he's on the right track.

There's something to be said about being different. Heck, it's one of the things I like the most about your car, DV.
            Thanks for the compliment.

My point is "if I knew then what I do now" kind of thing. If you're new to the sport like I was when I showed up with the Mustang (and most people laughed, by the way) it might be cheaper and easier to learn in a car that is a known entity and concentrate on your driving skills rather than dealing with a car that might be challenging (read: expensive to modify) to even the most experienced driver. Then once you've got the "sport" figured out, then go off on your own way and blaze your own trial with a different/non-traditional car.

As most who know me, I'm all about doing things different but just know what kind of money/effort it might take before it makes you happy..... Just look at all the options before you spend your time and money is all I'm saying....

Comment

money is fortunantly not an issue for me at the moment as i said in my first post my dad is now in the state prison system, he gave me all of his money because frankly i doubt he will survive his time (a verry long time). Im well off on my own so with a few extra dollars i figure id do somthing that im good at and that would make him proud.

il get som pics up soon, time for me is a bigg issue.
              im an apprentice/tech of sorts at a heating and air co. iv been working late everyday due to well lets just say understaffed idiots haha im 16 and doing work that takes 2 or 3 years of schooling to do.

and by the way i got an emancipation when my father was taken away, mainly because i cant live with my mother.

Comment

Working...
              X