A70 Supra Drift Build(Ideas Please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A70 Supra Drift Build(Ideas Please)

Ok so i have an 88 turbo MK3 supra, and she is a big girl.
    I have plans for a new turbo manifold, full exhuast, bigger turbo, piping, and intercooler, but i was wondering if anyone knows about any other MK3 Supra drift cars.
    I can break traction pretty easily, but the weight transfer is very harsh when changing directions, and maintaining the drift is a little tough.

I would love any suggestions or help you could give me.
    Thanks
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Swampland

mk III's are not the easiest cars to drift that is for sure. They have a lot os swing weight that tends to make them come around. Try some different settings on your suspension in the back (camber and toe in) and try to cut out as much weight from the rear of the car as you can.

Comment

thanks for actually replying akuma
      i gutted most of the car and its gotten a little better, but im still in between selling it to get a s13 or keeping it and being one of few who drive mk3s
      anyway thanks for the help
      Swampland

Comment

you can save extra weight by cuting out some of the non-structural metal in the rear of the car too!
        IMO you should do as much as you can with the car you have for a few reasons. It is cool to see someone have a different car than everyone else, and if you can learn to slide that mkIII good then you'll be amazing once you get into an S chassis or something similar.

If you ever have some questions just holla at me - Terry@driftbuffet.com

Take care and remember this - it's just drifting..... have fun and frack what anybody else says!

Comment

alright man, thanks.
          Swampland

Comment

Take it from me, an 87 supra owner myself, hit up supramania and do some research on the headgasket issues that car has before you go throwing a bunch of boost at it. After you get that sorted those motors (speaking of the 7mgte ) are practically bullet proof.

Comment

KEEP THE MK3!! power < suspension

Comment

Working...
              X