What would be a good Engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be a good Engine?

I know I know, you guys are probably telling yourself why does this guy keep asking question about his damn Miata. Well here's another so you guys can wonder that.j/k
    My question is what would be a good engine for My miata. You know I was thinking about dropping a Rotary in it but then I did my homework and found out how much its gonna cost all together. So i Gave that up, now I wanna know what would be a good engine to throw in it. I dont really think that there is any Miata engine that can spit out a lot of juice. Well stock anyway. What do you guys recomend???

there's rumors that in 2005-2006, madza will come out with a rotary miata. how bout no engine, some patience, and cash and you dont hafta do any work at all.

can anyone back this up for me. i dont have proof of it, hence the word 'rumor'

Comment

in jan 04 road and track it saysthe mazda ibuki concept (prpobly the next miata) will have a inline 4, and the mazda speed version will have a roaty

Comment

Why dont u just build up wat it came with...

Comment

I've seen a miata run 12s with a mildly modified SR20DET.

Comment

or you could be a true fiend and get the 5.0l engine swap kit and put a 302 in the miata it would tear royal monkey *Censored**Censored**Censored* with that set up

Comment

Re: What would be a good Engine?

Originally posted by Nismo
              I dont really think that there is any Miata engine that can spit out a lot of juice. Well stock anyway.
              WTF??? Why would it need to be stock. For the price of any swap a you could mod your engine to equal power numbers. And it would be much easier than any swap. Do you think you need 400+ hp in a 2000- lb. car? I dont understand why you are so scared of the miata engine. 1.6 is fine for drifting. Want more, swap in a 1.8.

Comment

Keep the onesix, and do itb's. Like i said in your other post, check toda.

Comment

Just keep with what you have. If it can drive it can drift.

Comment

Read up on the Mazda 323GTX. They came with the same block setup that the later Miatas did. The first ones came out round the early 80's. They were a 323 that came all-wheel drive and turbocharged. They also suffered the same maladies that the Miata does IE crankwalk and such. But they were mad bad little cars. I test drove one in Atlanta one time that had a boost controller, some exhaust and some other stuff done to it. It was faded white and the stickers were gone. I had some Civic pull next to me during this evolution and all he saw was my big pipe and thought I was easy prey. I blistered him lika a bad baby. At the next light he asked what was done, told him and he asked how I put that stuff in there. He couldn't believe it came stock awd and turbo.

Try that. Don't know how interchangeable they are but you never know. Think they are the same wheelbase and all. Boy how cool would an AWD, turbo Miata be? Think MRanlet says it best when he says. "With a welder, plasma cutter and a bandsaw, everything is bolt on".

Look here http://www.323gtx.co.uk/pn/index.php
                    Best signature I have ever seen.

Comment

There's a guy with one on the driftcentral.com message boards.

Comment

The B6T is found in GTX and GT 323 in 88 and 89... they should bolt into your miata with relative ease. however getting any power upgrades for the B6T once you have it can be difficult there isn't a huge aftermarket following for the B6T sadly

you could also consider a BPT swap from a 323 GT-R i don't know how hard it would be but still something to consider. 1.8L turbo making 210 at the crank.
                        you can get BPT engines from CorkSport and they also offer miata upgrades

also why not just build up the motor you already have. flyin miata seems to offer quite a bit to get all the power out of your B6

adam "i wish i had money for a BPT" loehmann

Comment

Working...
                        X