Whats the best setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best setup?

can any pro out there help me with coilover setups for drifting? i have a fc rx-7 pretty much stock as of this point. want to start with suspension.

If you are just starting out drifting you dont need to step up to coilovers right away. My old roomate had a fc with the racing beat springs and sway bars with tokico illumina 5-way dampers and it was a really nice balanced set up. had no problems at all getting that car to rotate into turns. After that all you need is a decent 2-way limited slip. If you are set on coilovers dont waste your time with the cheap ones. Get something decent like the Stance gr+. Since the car is about 20 years old you are also going to want to go through your suspension bushings and either replace them with stock, mazdaspeed, or some poly bushings to get rid of as much slop in the suspension as possible. I have found that being able to feel what your suspension is doing is alot easier to make corrections while drifting than when the car and suspension connection is sloppy, not to mention just getting a better overall feel for how your car is behaving.

Comment

You should try...Apexi.

Comment

Working...
      X