Lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lsd

I heard you needed one to drift, or at least it'll make it easier. Is that true, because i was reading this description of an LSD for sale and it says it provides more traction to the rear, how does that make it easier to drift, you need less traction in the rear right?

A LSD or Limited Slip Differntal, Creates a locking action inside the Rear Differtal. Forcing both wheels to spin at the same speed.

They'res many differnt types and brands of LSD's,

1. Clutch Type (Cusco, Nismo others)
    2. Hetical Type
    3. Quafie (did i spell right?)

The main reason drifters use LSD is to keep the rear wheels spinning at the same time, to make better looking and more controlable drifts. A LSD will also help in the exit of a drift where a Open Diff would normally put power to one wheel, the LSD puts power to both.

Comment

what would be the main differences as far as performance between the clutch type and the quaife

im gettin lsd soon so im doin some home work

Comment

same here im trying to get one as well

Comment

me too

Comment

Quiafe? Isn't that a manufacturer of LSD's just as CUSCO and KAAZ?

A Clutch-type LSD is what you guys need. All other types is more or less crap when it comes to drifting.
            Go for Cusco or KAAZ they make the strongest LSD's.

Comment

yeah quaife makes, i think thier called gear diffs....beats me dont realy know anything about quaife
              and theres also deft-force, they make a lsd specificly for drift..real aggressive, but from what i hear i wouldent put it on a daily driver

Comment

Quaife aren't bad, theyre just not as aggressive as a clutch type. The clutch type are very quick to engage, or lock up both wheels to make them spin at the same speed. Quaife are slower to engage making them less ideal for drifting. Quaife also feel a lot more like an open diff. The clutch type will make your car understeer when it locks up, but thats ok when youre drifting as it will end up in oversteer when you break the rear traction loose. The quaife will not cause understeer and are more ideal for auto-x.

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but a cheap way to make a LSD is to weld the differntal togreather? I'm thinking this for my car becuase its crappy and I'm broke??

Comment

that would give you a full locked differential, good for drag racing, never used one for drifting, but there suposed to suck when taking turns. sence one wheel needs to move at a different speed then the other.

Comment

To give you guys a basic understanding how LSDs works.

Here's a link:
                      http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm

this kind of explains the many kinds of LSD types.

Comment

kaaz's site also has a nice page that explains how their lsd's work

http://www.kaazusa.com/technology.asp

Comment

welding the diff will be alright for when you are in the drift, but your exit will suck. And when you are driving normally, you will have bad control because the inner tire wants to go slower but you are making it go as fast as the outside tire. It is good for drag because no more peg leg burnouts and both tires bite off the line, but not good for turns. Basically its not a good idea for a drift car.

Comment

and welding it will only last a lil while... my friend did it and it broke within a month or two...

just my experience with it.... but its up to u... try it if u want...

Comment

i highly reccomend agianst bootlegging your car....if you dont have the funds for the parts you want. save for them and look for the best deal whenever you do have the cash....

Comment

Working...
                              X