Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have rod knock?

i think i have rod knock... not sure
    it sounds more like a ticking...i was told i need to replace my lifters???

should i just start savin for a new engine?
    oh and one more....
    are lsd's engine specific? i have a ka24e now and if i bought the lsd for it and swapped in a ka24de would it still work? or would i need a new lsd?

anything ya got is appreciated

i got a rod knock in my rx7....

serously....check make sure it aint the lifters or an exahust mani gasket...
    if its a rod knock...time for a new motor

Comment

Re: anyone have rod knock?

Originally posted by banged240_drift
      i think i have rod knock... not sure
      it sounds more like a ticking...i was told i need to replace my lifters???

should i just start savin for a new engine?
      oh and one more....
      are lsd's engine specific? i have a ka24e now and if i bought the lsd for it and swapped in a ka24de would it still work? or would i need a new lsd?

anything ya got is appreciated
      there are alot of interesting noises KAs make. are you sure its not the timming chain thing with the stuff... okay so im not the best person to describe this.

Comment

i doubt its rod knock, but taking it to a mechanic couldnt hurt. Just pay them to check it out, not to fix it. LSD are not engine specific, just car/differential specific. LSD has nothing to do with the engine.

Comment

My KA makes noises, one of the more popular culprits is the upper timing chain guide, but I doubt you'll suffer any performance issues from that. It gets pretty loud and annoything though.

Comment

weapon x does it fire up then go "CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK" ?

noises are hard to describe on the internet...

Comment

mine is a weird tick* and it gets louder sometimes and then sometimes its just gone.... i dont know what the deal is but im gonna go sometime this week and have it checked out cause its soooo annoying

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                weapon x does it fire up then go "CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK" ?

noises are hard to describe on the internet...
                It's more of a ticking/scraping sound then a clank...yeah noises are hard to describe on the internet.

Comment

i got this noise, now that you mention it, does sound more like a tick comming right from the timming chain housing, in front of cylender 1 sounds like its comming from close to the top, but its hard to tell.

Comment

if you listen to wards the bottom of the engine it sounds loutder down there
                    thats why i though it was rod knock

Comment

take off your hood stay bar and stick one end in your ear and touch the other end to various places on the motor. then you find out where the sound is. it works like a stethascope.

Comment

Rod Knock
                        Attached Files

Comment

wow.... i hope thats not what ive got!
                          but once i get it out of my garage, and pay my ticket im gonna get it to my mechanic and have him diagnose! lol just so it can go back into my garage for another week or 2!

Comment

re:

lol i had that.... then the engine blew.lmao
                            oil pump
                            take your oil filler cap off and start the car
                            does it spurt out? yes=not that
                            no=oil pump
                            fuked my lifters up and i got a blown fan clutch so the car is dead... doing the engine swap now actually hahahahhahahahahaah

Comment

Working...
                            X