NA to turbo conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA to turbo conversion

I want to know if its possible to convert a 2jzge, 1jzge and a 7mge to the turbo counterparts. (2jzgeT, 1jzgeT, 7mgeT)

Yes Turbo charging anything is possible. The question is do you want to pay the money?

To Turbo a N\A car you will need, A reprogrammed ECU, A Turbo Mani-fold, Turbo, Intercooler, BOV, Piping and whatever else. I'm not a turbo expert or a turbo fan. I know that the process is expensive and dangerous.

Comment

Dont forget the NA pistons are running higher compression most likely, and you will probably want to lower that. When it comes down to it, you must consider the possibily of buying a turbo motor from the factory is cheaper. Of course if you want to upgrade to some huge turbo and change the entire turbo system, then it may not mater.

But im not toyota expert i dont know what differences exist between those engines.

Comment

Yes, those engines N/A have higher compression from the factory. Yes it is possible to convert them to turbo, some by just bolting on the turbos from their turbo version engines. You won't have any problems stock, if you keep the boost down. If you raise the boost, you may have problems with the fuel system, and the higher compression makes it easier for detonation to occur. Just do research on turbos and you will understand most of the problems you will have and ways to avoid/correct them.

Comment

also the j-spec 2jz and 1jz ct12a and ct12b turbos have ceramic compressor wheels.
          Last edited by hachiroku-fc3s; 03-02-2004, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Block

Is there anything wrong with their blocks, can't I just put in forged turbo pistons in and turbo heads?

Comment

Well you can actually put 1jz heads on a 2jz. 1jz heads are supposed to flow better.

Comment

Working...
              X