FC3S t2 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC3S t2 conversion

Im doing one and is it recommended that i get all the t2 parts neccessary and then install them or is it ok to drive without some of them and just install the seperate components as i get them?

I assume you mean you are turbo charging your NA, not swappin in a TII? You are gunna have to be a little more specific with what you plan on driving without, but my suggestion is do it in one fowl swoop or actually, one better, not at all. To do a thorough swap requires converting not only the engine but the tranny, diff, and axles too. The NA drivetrain isnt built to handle turbo-charged abuse. And turbo-ing your NA is a less than good idea. Do you plan on swapping your rotors? Porting? NAs werent built for turbos like, many other factory NA piston engines werent. High compression and so forth. All is possible with time and money, just not logical.

Comment

You need to be more specific with what components you intend to use. You can drive with a 13bt on an na drivetrain. The na drivetrain wasnt made to support over 250+whp reliably. So if considering any engine modification, you would want to swap out the na drivetrain for the TII. Its always good to do things completely, so swapping engine and drivetrain at one time is an ideal approach. Im still not really understanding what corners your trying to cut so be more specific.
      Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 03-03-2004, 12:51 PM.

Comment

well instead of getting the actual t2 engine itself, i was going to keep the existing engine and basically swap out the na parts for the turbo parts, thats what i meant by t2 conversion.

Comment

i dont think that that is possible and i think to swap the T2 engine and trainny ill be cheaper...

but in that chase you ill need to change the engine(obuisly) trainny , ecu and wiring harnesses...

i think that ill be cheaper

i made the same cuestions a few months ago.. so i know whut you want..

so near to this weeks ill go get my engine and trainny

peace!!

Comment

There was a big thread about this a while back. General Discussion sections. Try to dig it up.

Comment

NA rotories are 6 port
              Turbos are 4 port..you cant swap turbo stuff onto an NA...

Comment

if people believed you couldnt do things that shouldnt be, we wouldnt experience alot of the things we do on this earth. A beautiful thing called custom fabrication comes into play when two unordinary things are conjoined. Why someone would want to turbo a 6port I dont particularly know maybe because of the inexpensive nature?. Ive seen it done on more then one occasion. Its definately possible... heres an example of a car for sale in socal http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...lor=&cardist=9 was a turbo charged 6port, i met this guy at a meet, beautiful Rx.

Well anyway It being a 4 or 6 port doesnt mean its not possible, it would need a custom turbo manifold or use of a spacer adapter for the stock turbo manifold. When running more boost you'll have to take into account that the rotors are higher compression. You would probably have to upgrade the injectors and probably want to run a fuel controller and upgrade the fuel pump, I guess you would also need an fmic or something besides tmic because of fitment issues with that na upper intake manifold. Ive never done the swap so I cant give you any info from experience....I dunno, to me it seems to be more of a hassle then its worth, your going to have to spend money either way. If I was in your shoes I would either make due with the na engine, or save up for a tII motor, but im not. How about learning different mods to do to the na to pull out some power??
                Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 03-04-2004, 02:33 PM.

Comment

OK so let me break this down to you kindergarten style...

the NA has higher compression rotors in it than the turbo..and if you want to build a forced induction motor on an NA then your going to either need to run a "soft turbo" and very low boost or run race gass cause yes while a rotory can run at stupid boost it will ping like a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on pump gas with NA rotors and over heat and die..

now if you want to build a 6 port Turbo motor then your also going to need to change the rotors to turbo ones(lower CR) FD rotors are good here and build a custom header, down pipe and IC plumbing...plus have to run and up graded fule system cause the stock NA isnt all that great for building HP

It would be much more easy to swap ina turbo motor off a t2 or sell the car and get a T2 to start with... you'll be money and time a head that way..
                  BUT if you really want to do somefab work..you can allways for the same amount of work..drop in a 13BREW or a 20B motor...

In the past people have built bolt on turbo kits for the NA rotory they have all run into reliablity issues...same with the bolt on super charger kits...

so thats the deal....

Comment

Ok Ok, not gonna install turbo, ima go with the t2 swap. Anyway, im still a little fuzzy about the swap. Get the t2 engine, the t2 tranny, and what else, i dont know where to go from there. Sorry if this is annoying but i really dont know to much about engines at all.

Comment

i saw you posted this on rx7club.com did you go to any of the links that were posted? if not here's a summary of what you need
                      TII transmission
                      TII drive shaft
                      TII LSD
                      TII half shafts
                      TII ECU
                      TII wiring harness
                      TII boost sensor
                      TII clutch and flywheel
                      TII AFM
                      TII air bypass valve (BOV)
                      Boost Gauge
                      Misc sensors
                      it's best to have a donar car for all the little parts

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
                        OK so let me break this down to you kindergarten style...

the NA has higher compression rotors in it than the turbo..and if you want to build a forced induction motor on an NA then your going to either need to run a "soft turbo" and very low boost or run race gass cause yes while a rotory can run at stupid boost it will ping like a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on pump gas with NA rotors and over heat and die..

now if you want to build a 6 port Turbo motor then your also going to need to change the rotors to turbo ones(lower CR) FD rotors are good here and build a custom header, down pipe and IC plumbing...plus have to run and up graded fule system cause the stock NA isnt all that great for building HP

It would be much more easy to swap ina turbo motor off a t2 or sell the car and get a T2 to start with... you'll be money and time a head that way..
                        BUT if you really want to do somefab work..you can allways for the same amount of work..drop in a 13BREW or a 20B motor...

In the past people have built bolt on turbo kits for the NA rotory they have all run into reliablity issues...same with the bolt on super charger kits...

so thats the deal....
                        "NA rotories are 6 port
                        Turbos are 4 port..you cant swap turbo stuff onto an NA..."

You changed your mind?
                        Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 03-04-2004, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
                          "NA rotories are 6 port
                          Turbos are 4 port..you cant swap turbo stuff onto an NA..."

You changed your mind?
                          no..the OEM turbo stuf cant be put onto a NA motor..hence why i said SWAP..

there is a diffrence between swaping parts and fabing stuff up...

Comment

lol im not going to argue with you on your wording....swap and custom fabbing? it doesnt matter, all that matters is if its doable. u can use the stock turbo "stuff" on the na...i mean someone posted up aaron cakes site, look at that...look on the rx7 forums many of the peopld that do it are running the oem turbo "stuff" lol

oh well im not encouraging this swap, just trying to get the points across, which isnt even really necessary.
                            Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 03-05-2004, 12:10 AM.

Comment

if you're willing to wait a while, fc3s.org is in the making of a n/a turbo kit. here's a teaser pic
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X