Rebuilding MR2, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding MR2, again.

I'm rebuilding my 91 MR2 with a JDM Turbo to replace my blown JDM. I was told I need coilovers for the suspension and I can start to learn to drift properly at the local track. I don't want to pay $700 if I don't have to. Suspension is original factory. Many thanks for Any advice.

Originally posted by Emahh2 View Post
    I don't want to pay $700 if I don't have to. Suspension is original factory.
    $700 is cheap for coilovers... most are $1000-1300++

so if you want coilovers, you have to.

Comment

I just want to learn to drift properly. I didn't think twice about the guys at the track here saying I needed to replace the suspension but then I was watching youtube vids and some of the MR2's drifting had original suspensions listed on their stats. I get the idea of a lower center of gravity but that can be occomplished with just lowering springs. i don't want to spend more than I have to but I also want to do this right.

Comment

im not evry sure about mr2's. but ive heard that lowering spings are fine, but if you want to get competative then your gonna want a set of coilovers.

Comment

Having driven both a 240sx with and without coil-overs i would suggest them. i'm biased for coil-overs but i definitely wouldn't drift without them.

Comment

Working...
          X