Ka24de-t???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ka24de-t???

can anyone help me with turbo kits for the KA24DEs for the hatchbacks? and keep in mind that im on a budget.hehehe

well i know f-max makes the turbo kits for the altimas and s14's...but i e-mailed them and they said they want fit the s13's....and i'm not sure what you'd have to modify to get it to fit. their kits are good and complete, but $$$. well, i consider 3500-4200 for a kit heavy but some of you rich boyz might not.

i'm sure if you're good with a welder and pipe-bender you could fab. up your own kit with junkyard turbos if you're good enough at fabricating and stuff.

Comment

nsport, Fmax, custom kit, etc

do a search on
      www.freshalloy.com
      www.zilvia.net
      www.240sx.org

you'll find a lot of info

Comment

if youre on a budget... then u cant have a turbo :P

Comment

if youre on a budget... then u cant have a turbo :P
          Exactly!
          try getting a manifold from sfp.com, buy a garret t3/t4 turbo, and get a greddy e-manage, custom down pipe for a garret turbo, and an intercooler. That should be well under the price of thecheapest turbo kit

Comment

how much of a budget you have to spend on this kit? $500, $1000, $3000......

a "budget" is different for different folks...

also, have you already upgraded the suspension (shocks, springs, bushings, tie-rods, end links...the whole 9 and 1/2 yards), brakes, clutch, and lsd....and is you're stock motor in good running order?

if NO to any of those questions, i say forget the turbo kit for now and fix that stuff first.

but if your suspension is tight and your brakes are safe and you've got a working LSD, engine and clutch; then i say go for more power! R-R-R.

Comment

Can't agree more with the above statement. Bulid your car to handle 2x or even 3x power of the stock rating. That's what usually ends up happening when you go turbo.

Comment

Greddy
                Fmax
                Custom

there are a few others.

Comment

Go N\A... Turbos are for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...ahhahaha

Comment

xs has a kit that puts out 230 to the wheels t4 flange i think

Comment

re:

i got an idea... why dont you say *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* it.. and buy a N/A SR20DE... individual throttle bodies..mmmmmm nobody else in the states seems to have the balls to do it..lol

Comment

My brother is about to do one at his shop. Not sure how he is doing it but I can ask. He makes the manifold and the intercooler. Also there is a sweet onje up the street from where I live in Knoxville Tenn. Clean instal. I have some photos. If you want them, pm me. I can get specs too if you need em.

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
                          Go N\A... Turbos are for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...ahhahaha
                          how are turbo's for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*???

you DONT want more power? plus wit a turbo, you'd proly have to do alot more by yourself to keep your car running. so many problems pop up wit custom turbos

Comment

Re: re:

Originally posted by driftaholic
                            i got an idea... why dont you say *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* it.. and buy a N/A SR20DE... individual throttle bodies..mmmmmm nobody else in the states seems to have the balls to do it..lol
                            ...im seriously considering doing it....

Comment

why?

do that?

when the KA24DE is a bigger engine with more torque.

And you probably could get a low milage KA24DE for cheap.

probably a dumb idea, but so is trying to build up a SR20DE

Comment

Working...
                              X