ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for info on people running emanage ultimate on rx7/rotary cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for info on people running emanage ultimate on rx7/rotary cars.

I'm looking to hook it up with a large and responsive turbo setup on my fc soon with 850cc primary injectors and about 1300cc secondary injectors. Enough fuel to support well over my power goals.

What i'd like to be able to do is conservatively tune my car and run meth/alk injection at a progressive rate per psi of boost just like a 1:1 fpr raises boost 1 psi per pound of boost.

Power fc is more indepth but alot more money as i have to:

Buy laptop
    Buy adapter harness
    Buy a shitload of sensors
    Buy a commander (v2 is out now so no point in getting a hard to read v1 unit)

It would come out to almost $2k to set up.

Emanage would be a little under $800 with everything i need to turn-key install.

I dunno. Anyone runnning it? I've heard two success stories about the e manage blue on an na-t fc on 5-8 pounds, factory s5 turbo non modified and one horror story about some locals having some issues with the emanage blue. However the correction points and adjustability is nearly double that of the emanage blue plus with more add on features.

I've heard *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about the thing being poorly sheilded and getting feedback/interference jacking things up.

Let me know. I want to tune my car but i want to do it on a budget that isn't going to rape my wallet. Events, safety equipment, tires and gas are going to eat it up and i dont have the budget for a $5k turbo/fuel system upgrade.

most of the people you here horror stories about the e-manages probably didnt install them properly. if it installed properly you shouldnt have any problems especially with feedback

Comment

Originally posted by NoPistons! View Post
      I want to tune my car but i want to do it on a budget that isn't going to rape my wallet. Events, safety equipment, tires and gas are going to eat it up and i dont have the budget for a $5k turbo/fuel system upgrade.
      So don't spend the money. Remember when I said it's all about seat-time? Your car being in the garage having it's engine fettled isn't going to help that. I probably sound bitter but that's because I'm from the UK where 90% of the drift scene is people who never actually skid but insist on having just the right look for their S-body/Skyline/RX and talk endlessly about modding their cars.

Seriously, skidding is so much more fun than spending money on upgrades which are, in the end, unnecessary.

Comment

There's stuff i want to do later down the line but it all comes down to good fortune and money to dump into it. If fortune is bad and money has to go somewhere else, it does. If not, i put it into the fc.

Glad to hear it about the emanage ultimate. IIRC you can sheild electronics yourself with relative ease so i dunno what all the fuss is about. Ignorance probably. People say there aren't enough channels to run it on an rx7. There is a case of someone using this system on a 20b...... Go figure.

Bench racing and keyboard tuning actually seems to make things harder on people that are actually willing to get things done but lack the proper direction. It seems so much easier for HUGE amounts of people to reiterate b/s than it is to find facts and success. Or people make that success seem so insignifican't that failure is inevitable regardless.

*cough* ebay turbocharger *cough* I'd run one without a second thought. I'm not going to pay $600-1400 for a turbo when i can get a bnib t70 or anti surge housing to4b for $200-350 shipped.

I get my seat time here and there. Got some this past weekend and will get some more this upcomming weekend! i CAN'T WAIT!!!! If i do buy anything recently it will be a 4 point and possibly a new brake booster/master and exedy oem clutch. When i'm confident i can drive my car from coast to coast without being nervous, i'll scoop my emanage up.

Thanks for the kind words and TRUTH. It's all about fun and helping eachother out!
        Last edited by NoPistons!; 06-17-2010, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Haltech, Race fuel, and premix

Tried and True!

Comment

Working...
          X