ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Cressida pass 2011 Formula D rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a Cressida pass 2011 Formula D rules?

was just curious if anyone knows if a toyota Cressida would be able to pass tech for Formula D. yes i know there are people who drift cressidas but in order to add adjustable suspension to them don't they have to run modded supra suspension parts? or s13 parts? as you may have noticed, I don't know a whole lot so help is appreciated

Call them direct for your questions...........

Comment

when in doubt, call / email Formula D.

Are you a liscensed driver? or just asking out of curiosity?

Comment

Go find Ameen Rizvi

He earned a FD licence back in 2009 driving a cressida... don't think he ever showed up to a round though. For some reason I doubt his car is legal.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          Go find Ameen Rizvi

He earned a FD licence back in 2009 driving a cressida... don't think he ever showed up to a round though. For some reason I doubt his car is legal.
          Yes this is just out of curiosity as I have been deciding whether or not it will be possible to slowly build up a Cressida from grassroots to Formula D spec chassis one day and possibly compete.

I have looked at Ameen Rizvi's cressida build but to use coilovers i believe you need to modify the mounting ponts for it. The parts from jzxproject does not simply bolt in like a s-chassis.

I agree on his car not seeming legal

Comment

Good luck actually finding/getting in touch with Ameen, as several people called him and his crooked business practices and his brother Amir out, and after it was brought to light that he owed his employees/customers about 100k, he bailed on the scene and sold most his stuff.

Its quite pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
              Good luck actually finding/getting in touch with Ameen, as several people called him and his crooked business practices and his brother Amir out, and after it was brought to light that he owed his employees/customers about 100k, he bailed on the scene and sold most his stuff.

Its quite pathetic.
              damn...well at least you can get coilovers for a cressida from ksport. still needs cutting and welding though. when did Ameen leave the scene?

Comment

www.serialnine.com check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckmatsu View Post
                  damn...well at least you can get coilovers for a cressida from ksport. still needs cutting and welding though. when did Ameen leave the scene?

Ksport is pretty good stuff. If you need a set and can't find a dealer email me mikespeed95 at gmail.com as my shop is a dealer as well.

Ameen and Amir pretty much went missing after stealing tens of thousands of dollars from customers at their shop 786 after their Dad quit paying the bills for them. I got involved when they stole nearly $10k from my friend Derrick in money owed and metal/parts off the old Bubba Drift Camino.

Google around there are plenty of horror stories and people out to kill them, its quite pathetic.

Cressidas are insanely fun though, one of the Texas MX73's owned by Robert Turbow (who is awesome btw, check him out) showed to have excellent wieght distribution, and isn't that heavy. I've driven the car and its one of the most fun cars I've ever driven in my life, and JZ's just sound amazing anyways.

There is a full write-up on the car with dyno/video/steering angle/corner scale measurements over on http://www.fabricatedmotorsports.com/Index/Index.html its a really awesome read, as FM is doing a full breakdown on all the 2011 Lone Star Drift Series cars, check it out.
                  Last edited by Mike Peters; 02-05-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike Peters;245996]Ksport is pretty good stuff. If you need a set and can't find a dealer email me mikespeed95 at gmail.com as my shop is a dealer as well.

Ameen and Amir pretty much went missing after stealing tens of thousands of dollars from customers at their shop 786 after their Dad quit paying the bills for them. I got involved when they stole nearly $10k from my friend Derrick in money owed and metal/parts off the old Bubba Drift Camino.

Google around there are plenty of horror stories and people out to kill them, its quite pathetic.

Cressidas are insanely fun though, one of the Texas MX73's owned by Robert Turbow (who is awesome btw, check him out) showed to have excellent wieght distribution, and isn't that heavy. I've driven the car and its one of the most fun cars I've ever driven in my life, and JZ's just sound amazing anyways.

wow those guys would actually go through the trouble of stealing their customers' parts? That is pretty messed up. I hope those pissed off victims get their revenge.

so Cressidas are pretty decent in terms of balance? How does it measure up to a s-chassis?

Comment

on a random side note: how do you think a lexus ls400 would measure up against a cressida? I love the styling of the ls400 more when comparing it to the cressida but It is probably alot heavier. Less fabrication of parts though

Comment

I've bought a Cressida MX83 for drifting, but some says the 7G ME engine is very often got headgasket blown. So do you guys think that it'd be OK to drift with 7G ME in a Cres stripped down to around 1400kg?

Comment

The issues with the Head Gasket are from the factory, they didn't torque them down properly on Toyota's side.

3000lbs is heavy for such a under powered car, but if your just starting out you will be fine.

Comment

Rule #1 of internet speculation on "Will this car work"

Go find a local event, see what works.

Comment

Ben Kunk in Tucson AZ drifted a Cressida for a while. It looked pretty good for proam level drifting. I haven't seen him around for a while though.

Comment

Working...
                              X