No announcement yet.

How to Cool down my Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

geeze peeps u don't need all that extra aftermarket crap for a stock miata......the likely culprit is the thermostat...if not then the fan prolly isn't coming on is simply dying out......and then maybe its the radiator itself that needs to be flushed......and when u say overheat do u mean just daily driving overheating or doing donuts and what not overheating.....

Comment

awhile back i was having overheating problems with my miata and the cause in my case was a bad radiator fan.

the main fan (not the one that comes on with the A/C) had a bad motor. it would either not come on or not spin very forcefully.

i got a junkyard replacement fan and now the car never overheats.

i'm running a GReddy turbo kit and the car doesnt overheat at all so the stock cooling hardware should hold up unless you go crazy with mods and super high hp.

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
        As for the aftermarket\custom parts, A high proformance radiator would work well, along with a thermostat, (Im not sure how a high pressure radiator cap would cool the car more), also removing the plastic\rubber seal around the hood that touches the firewall will allow more airflow and in turn cool the engine. Taking out the grille and moving other cooling things, like oil coolers or transmisson coolers helps too.

Remeber you my just need a coolant flush...
        The radiator cap raises the boiling point

Comment

Working...
        X