240sx rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx rims

hey.. im learning that i really don't know as much as i thought i did.. so i decided to try to run this by some of you.. i have an 89 240sx hatch and im lookin to buy new rims.. the style of the rims im not too worried about... but i jus want to make sure the sizes would be ok.. so im thinking of running 17x8 rims with +35 offset with 235/40-17's all around im going to be daily driving.. so i wanted to be able to rotate the tires, but im also just learning how to drift... would this setup work?.. any other suggestions?

You are not gonna get 235s on the front of a s13 without some serious mods. Wide body front fenders, spacers, or cut fenders and over fender kit. either way will cost a bunch. I run 215s in the front and they provide plenty of grip. Not to mention your brakes are not gonna be able to keep up and you would need major body reinforcement to control the extra chassis flex

Comment

something to think about if your gunna be drifting is affordabilty of the tires. Generaly smaller rims sizes have cheaper tires. Drifting tears up the rear tires, so 17s will prbably be ok up front, but in the back 15/16s will be exponentially more cost efficient

Comment

For my non-drift setup, I've got BFG 245s in the front and BFG 265s in the rear. No Problems for me, but I'm running a 14 inch ssr wheel.

Comment

However

For drift, the stock 205/15s get the job nicely done when applied to the rear. I know, that's a pretty big F-R difference, but like I say, the job gets nicely done.

Comment

Question about rims

so about the 240sx wheels i bought my 240sx with 18s on it is it possible to drift it without and problems? aside from expensive tires?

Comment

Working...
            X