my bushings are junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my bushings are junk

Okay i just had my wheels off, and got to look at the bushing on the front suspension. They are crap. they are stock and old. And crap. One is nearly in half.

So im going to start saving up money to replace them, Does any one have sugestions? especialy guys who have changed theres out hopefully to aftermarket pieces? what kind of money am i looking into? and how happy have you been with your results? i especialy want to hear from the S13 guys on this, but basicly anyone with a similar car, FCs S14s anything. well yeah actualy ANYone who had replaced theres feel free to comment sugest or tell me what to do.

I honestly would prefer your guy's opinions to a sells pitch on a website.

My dif mount bushings are junk on my FC..but thats a common problem. Energy suspension has a full kit for around $100 that kicks all kinds of *Censored**Censored**Censored*...

go here http://www.energysuspension.com/
    enjoy

Comment

Nylatron bushings are high performance but don't last as long. Polyurethane bushings will last longer and still give adiquete performance.

Comment

Some bushings you will need to press them out and press them on.

Comment

Bushing replacement is easy but takes alot of time. Id suggets in buying a hydralic press and doing the work yourself.

Comment

ahaha nissan guy actually listened to what i said on the auto thread .....its good that we find stuff out about this stuff before bad things happen to our cars

Comment

be sure your lookin at bushins and not ball joints, im not trying to insult you or anythign, i dont know how technicaly suave you are, i only say this because when i looked at what i thought were bushings they were acctualy ball joints or maybe im just a dumb guy who didnt know the difference.
              or maybe its a common mistake ..........

Comment

oh no its possible its something else, but i im pretty sure its bushings, im no expert though, ill get a pic next time the tire is off.

Comment

if theres grease everywhere than its a ball joint cause i was liek man whats all this goo in the bushing ?
                  and all it was, was that the ball joint boot was all shreaded and grease was all over the crap.
                  but not any more hahaha ....i got new ones

Comment

Well If there worn Don;t Cry a new set for the front and back should be about 200 bucks..
                    Get anything that's stiff..
                    Im gonna use S\T or racing beat on my FC

Comment

check out the thread in "Drifitng" under "energybushing" before purchaseing any replacement bushes.

Comment

Definately get them replaced. Bushings are very important. If you compare the body roll of my old drift car (the red one), to the bodyroll of the green one, the difference was caused mainly by bushings IMO. The stock bushings will always be the most comfortable, but they flex a lot to provide that comfort. The next stiffest option is the Poly mounts which are a good mix between streetability and performance. The all out performance bushing would be the spherical rod ended stuff. These will get very noisy and are not very streetable at all, but they are the best for racing because they cause the least ammount of flex and bind. The main theory is that if the bushings allow flex / bind, then they act as a spring somewhat as they load and unload. Imagine having multiple little springs attached to each suspension component and imagine how hard it would be for everything to work in unison. You only want your dampeners and springs to be loading and unloading, so eliminating all other types of flex, including chassis flex, is the goal (well thats the theory anyway). I've heard the QA1 spherical rod ends are the best (http://www.qa1.net/)
                        Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 03-27-2004, 06:38 PM.

Comment

heres the link you need
                          http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=855

Comment

Originally posted by jboss
                            heres the link you need
                            http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=855
                            i read it.. both times you said, But i think i am still going to go with the poly ones. even if they are too stiff, or brake something, fact is i plan on doing that drifting anyways. besides my car already squicks and pops, i figure it wont get too much worse lol.

thank you for the imput everyone.

Comment

its not that they are too stiff or that they will break other stuff, it is that they wont last very long, they squeak, they bind, they are easier to tear than stock.....etc etc etc

simply not a good choice. If you are going to spend the time and money to tear apart your whole suspension, the least you could do is replace the parts with something that will WORK WELL. If you cant afford bearings or factory motorsports stuff USE NEW STOCK PARTS they are way better than the 10+ year old stuff and FAR better than poly.

Comment

Working...
                              X