LS1 Drift Truck - 1991 S10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 Drift Truck - 1991 S10

Hey guys I am building a 1991 s10 drift truck I have a 2003 corvette ls1 5.7 l a 98 ford ex. 8.8 4:10 rear end, question #
    1) what trani should I use? Tremec t56?
    - looking for lots of low end tork aswell as atleast a to end of 220km/h

2) what would be easier / better / cheeper, stock fuel injection or eldebrock super victor mani with a holly 650 or 750 carb? -I'm thinking carbed

3) a hotrodstohell.com centerdrive truck arm kit or a for link w/ coil overs
    -I'm thinking truck arm

Those are my starter questions any input will be much apretiated, thank you all!!
    After these questions are answerd I will throw out more!!
    If anyone has any ideas kinda building a dream Machein part tuner, part muscle, a Lil of everything soo shoot!

As of last night a 12:00 the old motor is out just frame rails and cab remain, going for sand blast in a couple weeks, then tube fram, paint fram, and then we will see

4) what should I do about my front suspention set up, new sway bar, new A arms, new coil overs, ball joints, any kits??

Comment

who is doing the wiring and do you already have engine mounts?

Comment

Trying to save on wiring by converting to carb not sure about the other wiring yet it came with the motor computers jut no in dash or steering collum computers, not sure if I need anything else, im confused cuz i was told its gona be realy hard to get the wiring togeather so thats why im thinking carb lol ,,
        and ya they came in yesterday they look and feal pritty solid

Comment

which mounts? also, please post a photo

Comment

interesting build. good luck and ill check in from time to time.

Comment

Mounts are from carshopinc.com not sure exactly what brand but they were $120 and are a specific ls1 91 s10 convention mounts..

Comment

And thanx for the interest willscarcast and drifting.com

Comment

My 2 cents:
                  1) I'd recommend a Tremec TKO500 or 600. These are 5-speed overdrives rated at 500 and 600 lbs ft of torque, accordingly. The T56 has two overdrive gears, so it's bigger and of course heavier.
                  2) Carb will be cheaper than EFI. EFI isn't difficult because the LS uses an ECM and wiring harness that is separate from the chassis wiring, but you have the added cost of programming and electronics. With the carb, other than the intake and carb, you just need a controller to run the ignition.
                  3) Those hotrodstohell kits are awesome. Not cheap, but all the engineering is done, just install and go. Obviously these's going to be some sorting-out time with a 4-link.
                  4) I run a 81 Malibu that has very simillar front suspension(many parts are the same) and I'm running 800 lb Hypercoil street stock springs, sensa-crap shocks, a Stock Monte SS swaybar, and urethane bushings everywhere. The G-body (cutlass,Monte, Malibu, Regal, and probably the S trucks as well) have poor front end geometry (crappy camber curve) that can be helped with upper ball joints that have longer studs. I'm not sure this mod would help with drifting all that much, but since I track day and autocross my car a lot, I'm making the change this winter.

Comment

Awsome thanx guys
                    Another question is, would it be possible to run 3" lowering Leif springs in the rear, w/ 3" drop blocks for drifting and up grade to the truck arm later
                    Would I need a 3 link or? Maybe a ladder bar for a cheep temporary upgrade, money is needed elswear right now for the build

Comment

Working...
                    X