What can I do for a 180

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do for a 180

I'm saving up right now to get an s13 or a 180... but that's not my question... The 180 I have in my sights doesn't have an LSD. What can I do?

Someone told me to take an arc welder to the spider gears, but is that something else I can do?

Re: What can I do for a 180

Originally posted by Wolven180
    I'm saving up right now to get an s13 or a 180... but that's not my question... The 180 I have in my sights doesn't have an LSD. What can I do?

Someone told me to take an arc welder to the spider gears, but is that something else I can do?
    You can do that but all REAL 180SXs CAME with LSD.
    Last edited by gladhatter; 03-24-2004, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Well it isn't a real 180... Itz a 92 240sx hatchback.... -.-

Comment

your terminology is confusing

S13 can refer to Silvias, 180sx, 240sx coupe, 240sx hatchback

180 refers to the ca18de/t and sr20de/t powered S13 hatchback with popup headlights.

Most American S13s came with open differentials. a used VLSD from a 300zx or several other infinitys can be installed, or an aftermarket LSD can be installed in its place.

Comment

ooo ok... forgive me for confusing you... I have only recently got into the drifting scene. I have been into doing the straight 1/4 mile and all, but it is starting to get really boring.

*scratches head* I got alot of learning to do. Well thank you for the information.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nissanguy_24
            [B]your terminology is confusing

S13 can refer to Silvias, 180sx, 240sx coupe, 240sx hatchback

180 refers to the ca18de/t and sr20de/t powered S13 hatchback with popup headlights.

s13=silvia ca18
            ps13=silvia sr20
            rps13=180 sr20
            rs13=180 ca18

Comment

Correct.

but S13 is used as a general terminology for all of the S13 series. And hell he wasnt even referring to the 's13' but rather the hs13 and ms13

Comment

-_-...

Comment

ok, the arc welder to the spider gears is good for drag racing, not so much for drifting. a vlsd from another 240, 300zx, or infinity j30 will fit, but if you want to get into drifting seriously, these may not be a good choice. The vlsd fluid will break down eventually and leave you with essetially an open diff. buying an aftermarket lsd from kaaz, cusco, nismo or someone else will be your best bet. It is costly, upwards of 800 dollars, but worth it in the end if you continue drifting. My opinion is that the LSD and a racing seat should be your first modifications, believe me on the racing seat, it made the most difference out of anything i did to my S13. I never got a chance to put an LSD on, but I drove a corolla w/ LSD, it makes it easier to hold and control a drift.

Comment

Hey thanx... ^.^ I hope that when I do get my car ride and get it side ways I can show up to meets... Right now I got my FF Nissan 96 200sx. (pathetic right now) Pretty much stock, cept the muffler and Injen intake.

Well, anything else would be helpful... Thank you.

Comment

Well I would say Find a lsd rear end with half shafts from one with a LSD =)

Comment

Working...
                      X