Tokico Ilumina struts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokico Ilumina struts?

My dad just brought home the latest Victoria British catalog and the only struts they had in it were Tokico and KYB. The Tokico Iluminas look and sound the best. I've never heard of people using KYB. I was just wondering what everybody else thinks. They're something like $140 a piece for the fronts and $120 a piece for the rears. That would make it $520 for the whole set, which is kinda spensive for me, but I could buy the parts one at a time over a long period of time. There are also some cheaper Tokicos that are $75 a piece for the fronts and $45 a piece for the rears. I don't think hte cheaper struts are adjustable but they are still better than stock. Then there's the KYB AGX struts which are cheap and adjustable, but I've never seen KYBs on a "street car." Anybody know anything about any of these struts? I'd get the Eibach springs to go with them. I hope all the experienced people read this. I really could use your opinions. It will be a while before I can afford any of it, but I need an idea of what to get. I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade susp. before hp. Thanks ahead of time.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

people use kyb all the time...

Comment

kyb agx are a very popular modification with the 240 and ae86 crowd. I would venture to say they are the most used shocks for the 240.

Comment

But what about the Tokico Iluminas???

Comment

tokiko illuminas are ok also
          5 way adjustable

But i seen them used on many friends cars and they wear out quick

Comment

Thank you. Keep the info comin...

Comment

I have the ill. on my 86 rx7 and love them 2 years without a problem, the HP tokico's are the illumia's set on 3

Comment

Bilsteins are the best struts

Comment

KYB or Illuminas

I would rather go with the Non Adjustable set..
                  They don't wear as fast and I like blue!! lol

Comment

Working...
                  X