AE86 Fiberglass/Lexan hatches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE86 Fiberglass/Lexan hatches...

...Are not for sale just yet, but Mr. Anlet Aero will be developing fiberglass and Lexan (or polycarbinate depending on suppliers) hatches for AE86 Corollas.

Most likely the hatches will utilize stock hinges with no problems and will either use the stock latch system or a single discrete pin and clip (think "hood pin") latch. No numbers are in yet but estimated weight savings looks to be 25lbs and up!

Since there isn't even a finished prototype yet, prices are still up in the air but don't expect to pay a lot...

If anyone is interested in more details or just thinks that they might be interested in buying one down the road, shoot me a post or PM!

-MR

Other AE86 aero is also in the works so stay tuned!!!

im not 100% but when i had my AE86 5 years ago you could get stuff like that from TRD..not to say dont do it...and more power to ya..but just an FYI
    also if you want to sell more of them, get involved with SCCA's production series guys..

Comment

Even if TRD does carry them now, mine would most likely be significantly cheaper.

-MR

Comment

They'res alot of people on the club4ag.com forum selling these, If I wanted one, Id want to see a pic, and know the weight, and weight compared to the TRD style.

Comment

Well, we'll have to develop one first and then I'll have all that and more!

Just trying to gauge interest...

-MR

Comment

Re: AE86 Fiberglass/Lexan hatches...

Originally posted by mranlet
            ...Are not for sale just yet, but Mr. Anlet Aero will be developing fiberglass and Lexan (or polycarbinate depending on suppliers) hatches for AE86 Corollas.

Most likely the hatches will utilize stock hinges with no problems and will either use the stock latch system or a single discrete pin and clip (think "hood pin") latch. No numbers are in yet but estimated weight savings looks to be 25lbs and up!

Since there isn't even a finished prototype yet, prices are still up in the air but don't expect to pay a lot...

If anyone is interested in more details or just thinks that they might be interested in buying one down the road, shoot me a post or PM!

-MR

Other AE86 aero is also in the works so stay tuned!!!
            YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! (This is Dori FC3S from DGTrials)

Comment

corollas?
              ah man, what about ....uh wait, what do I drive?

Comment

Start making door glass, and the rear glass for corollas. That will get alot more sales then hatches, because they are big and people dont want to pay alot for shipping.
                Also dont forget about the Coupes.

Comment

Hmmn... good thought, thanks for the idea.

AE86 Hatches are so freakin big that I may wind up doing some sort of "comes in 2 pieces and you put it together at home" so that I can first of all store them and second of all ship them without it costing a bazillion dollars!

-MR

Comment

I ment to say Lexan copies.

Comment

Working...
                    X