does the tranny bolt up????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the tranny bolt up????

if you do a sr20det conversion does your ka24de tranny bolt up or do you need an adapter plate????

you need to change the bellhousing to make the sr20 bolt up to the ka tranny, thats just about as hard as finding a sr20 transmission.

Comment

what about finacially is it cheaper to find that bellhousing or what about an adapter plate???

Comment

there is no adapter plate and even if there was the gearing would be all fu cked up. the ka tranny is for a na motor it is better to use a tranny that is geard for a turbo motor. so to sum it all up you need an sr tranny. i have a s13 black top with tranny,harness and ecu if your inerested. $2500 plus shipping

Comment

well does the driveshaft fit into the sr tranney?

Comment

yes...

Comment

Yea the drive shaft is the same thing, all you need is the SR tranny.

Comment

Sorry to dig up old thread. But has anyone done a bell housing swap? What needs to be done to make it work? I just took a KA tranny off a DOHC engine. I heard that the gear ratio is actually the same as the SR.

Any information would help. Thanks.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

Gear ratio is very close to the SR. Not so different that you can feel the difference.

Comment

1-4 are identical. SR's fifth is different.

Comment

Working...
                    X