CC'ing continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC'ing continued

It is too bad that got locked for some reason.

Alcohol IS used by some people because it does not have the same surface tension problems that water has.

Water gives bad results because of the surface tension and doming or bowing due to the meniscus. Alcohol gives bad results because of evaporation......Folks use both

Yes, I have heard of both being used. Both have their disadvantages. I may have to start coming here more. Im likin these tech quizes, but since you started this supplementary thread concerning that particular question, I would like to point out something. You said:

If you dont care about the CR then you would never bother "ccing" a motor unless you were super anal and wanted all the combustion chambers to be identical.
    That is why it was a bonus question in the quiz concerning balancing and blueprinting, an extremely anal procedure that can include things such as properly torque-ing every nut and bolt and gapping and even making sure the plugs are facing the same direction.

Not to attack you. You are obviously knowledgeable and I have enjoyed catching up in these threads, you definately make them entertaining and informative. Keep it up.

Comment

you meen indexing the plugs. Yes there are many anal things in building a engine. Like why do we plastigage three times. The quizes are fun and i will be bringing some more out. I am looking for prizes as well for the winners. and am making a list of rules. I thought this would bring more to the Tech forum and make it more interesting for the beginers.

Stay tuned for more

Comment

Working...
      X