suspension ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension ?

what is the best suspension set up for the frount and read.thanks for any help!

first off that is a really inadequate question. what car are we talking about , do you want it to be streetable, i'll assume this is for a drift car, if not what type of driving. and finally try searching there's a bazillion threads that start out like yours.

Comment

Ok well what i ment was what suspension would me the best set to look for on any stock car for the frount and rear.strut,shock, coil spring,leaf spring.and so no.Sorry about lack of information.Thanks for any help.

Comment

McPherson strut system. Yummy.

Comment

Ok well what i ment was what suspension would me the best set to look for on any stock car for the frount and rear.strut,shock, coil spring,leaf spring.and so no.Sorry about lack of information.Thanks for any help.

Comment

That's one of the all time vaguest questions ever asked on a forum of any kind.

Any car made within the past 20 years will usually have either a MacPherson strut front end (very common) or a double wishbone front end(common on true sports cars). The MacPherson strut is the tried-and-true formula and is cheap and reasonably effective. Under heavy cornering loads, however, the strut tends to lean inwards, increasing camber and generally decreasing grip in a stock car. The double wishbone front end is considered much more sporting, as it helps prevent camber change. As for the rear, an independent suspension is important to reduce unsprung weight and increase traction. Most newer cars have a suspension of this sort. Leaf springs are used on live-axles and thus live-axles must be avoided like the plague. All MacPherson strut and double wishbone suspensions use coil springs, as do all independent rear suspensions, barring perhaps earlier Corvettes, as they use a transverse spring which is now composite and complemented by springs I believe. If you are looking into drifting, then you are most likely looking at MacPherson front/independent rear suspended cars. Some of the better stock suspensions out there are in Miatas, 240s, BMWs, and RX7s. Stay away from Camaros and Mustangs.
            Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 04-16-2004, 08:50 PM.

Comment

so what kinda car do u have now?

Comment

Working...
              X